Rock or fossil?

PaleoPat

Only reason I think this may be something is because I found it next to four associated shark vertebrae. It's from Lake Texoma.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks interesting but I can't help, sorry. But there are a lot of people here who know TX fossil's well.

What's the size.

@PaleoPat could you apply some water and a light toothbrush to it? It could be a brachiopod but I'm not sure. There appears to be six digits extending from a central half-spherical shape. Please see if you can clean it up and provide some clearer (closer) pictures.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

I know nothing about Texan fossils, so I don't know the age or anything but if it's that long thing, hybodus sharks have spikes on their top fin.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

23 minutes ago, Fossil-Hound said:

@PaleoPat could you apply some water and a light toothbrush to it? It could be a brachiopod but I'm not sure. There appears to be six digits extending from a central half-spherical shape. Please see if you can clean it up and provide some clearer (closer) pictures.

Here's a picture with water.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm going to have to defer judgment on this one as I'm not familiar with the rock structure or geology of the location. @Fossildude19 please call in the experts!

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Enocploclytia? or frag of some other big crab appendage??? (question marks indicate that I'm guessing)

I'm seeing what looks like parts of ammonite in the concretion. The part that looks white in the pictures looks like the venter possibly. Plus, ammonite shell is often preserved as a crumbly white substance here.

• I found this Informative 1

Copious apologies.  This is one I have trouble making out from photos.  I'm more of dynamic, in-hand analysis kind of guy.

• I found this Informative 1

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I'm with Dan. That puppy needs to be placed into the hands of some knowledgable collectors or scientists. Local museum, university or paleo society….