ICHTHYOSAUR Bones

1 hour ago, SOS said:

I have my eye on this fossil, is this really ICHTHYOSAUR bones or something else?

Thanks 

20766fa626f57c4dc53450fdbfb6db73.png

I think there are only ribs visible in your picture,so hard to ID.Will be good to post more detailed pictures if you can and someone probably will be able to help you:).

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, *THEO* said:

I think there are only ribs visible in your picture,so hard to ID.Will be good to post more detailed pictures if you can and someone probably will be able to help you:).

I don't have it, i am planning on buying it.

You might want to contact the seller and request more pictures if the seller is amenable. Preferably, a closeup of some of the bone details and measurements.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

As Kane said. They do look like ichthyosaur ribs. As well as size can you ask the seller where it came from? The ammonite is a fair indication of ichthy too. I bet it would clean up nicely and there may well be more bits in the matrix. If you're in the UK feel free to email me the link and/or price and I'd be happy to let you know my opinion. Please don't put dealer on the forum though. 

John

I was looking at the last night, looks just like just a couple of Ichthyosaur ribs from the pictures.

It would be a good idea is to ask for some more closer pictures to make your mind up before buying it.

Gary

Where are you Ichthyosaur.  

Hello! Good Morning! Unfortunately the photo is of low resolution. For a better evaluation, I would need a better quality photo ... But seeing this photo, I particularly see two ichthyosaur ribs and two ammonites, which as our friend JohnBrewer said, is an excellent indicator for discovering ichthyosaur fossils. I'm not sure about this, but it looks like one of the ammonites is Piritized, and this is even better, as it indicates that there is no red flag with this fossil. The coloring of the matrix and the fossils, reminds me of ichthyosaur fossils discovered in the Whitby region (East Coast of Yorkshire). So, I particularly think this is a genuine fossil, and if the price is cheap, I recommend you buy.

So, in a simple sketch, and perhaps with some error, what I see would be this:

02.PNG

Hugs! :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

• I found this Informative 3

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

12 hours ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

Hello! Good Morning! Unfortunately the photo is of low resolution. For a better evaluation, I would need a better quality photo ... But seeing this photo, I particularly see two ichthyosaur ribs and two ammonites, which as our friend JohnBrewer said, is an excellent indicator for discovering ichthyosaur fossils. I'm not sure about this, but it looks like one of the ammonites is Piritized, and this is even better, as it indicates that there is no red flag with this fossil. The coloring of the matrix and the fossils, reminds me of ichthyosaur fossils discovered in the Whitby region (East Coast of Yorkshire). So, I particularly think this is a genuine fossil, and if the price is cheap, I recommend you buy.

So, in a simple sketch, and perhaps with some error, what I see would be this:

02.PNG

Hugs! :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

Matrix from Charmouth is similar, so could also be from there. I've got several Charmouth pieces with ichthyosaur parts with this type of matrix, one with an ammonite negative. Pyritised ammonites are common there too. :)