Large bone pieces with spine found. Help me identify!

ManFromSweden94

Hi!

What kind of animal is this? I thought it was from a human long ago or maybe a moose / cow. What kind of animal is this from? As we can see it's a spine with remaining pieces and the rib Cage or the back bones?

/ ManFromSweden94

Photo0168.jpg

Photo0169.jpg

Photo0170.jpg

Photo0171.jpg

Photo0172.jpg

Looks like it may be pig, and relatively recent...  probably only a few months old.

Darrow

• I found this Informative 1

I'm thinking these are not fossils, but modern, possibly sheep bones (or pig). They are similar to the ones I would find in the abandoned crofts up in the Icelandic hills:

IMG_1834.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

1 minute ago, Kane said:

I'm thinking these are not fossils, but modern, possibly sheep bones (or pig). They are similar to the ones I would find in the abandoned crofts up in the Icelandic hills:

IMG_1834.JPG

Yes, that's my thought aswell.

If we look at this Picture. sow-pig-anatomy.jpg

But if we compare the pig to the large dog that was present. We can tell that the bones are too large for a pig. Maybe a large pig, but a large big doesn't make their bones bigger? A moose this Close to the city I wouldn't Think but could be possible. I've seen cow, sheep, pig and deer. But this must be something else?

cow-bones-798x800.jpg

There's alot of cows nearby. I Think this looks pretty Close to what the images is showing. But I don't know. Any expertise?

I also found a skull in the area maybe I can use it for this thread aswell. If you're intrested please respond!

I think bovid is a pretty good guess, and if it is smaller than a typical cow then it may have been a juvenile. We do have some bone experts on here, but keep in mind that this forum is dedicated to fossils. ;) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

1) no fossil here..sorry

2) part of rib cage with some articulated vertebrae

3) no human remain (too big dorsal process)

4) mostly like cattle, i would agree to something like cow/bovid

Best regards,

Pemphix

2 hours ago, RickNC said:

Not a fossil. Mods move please. 

Unless it's already been moved from somewhere else, isn't this the right place?

Fossil ID?

Isnt the first part of learning how to ID a fossil recognizing if it is even a fossil?

• I found this Informative 2

Are those Fragaria vesca around the bones?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎24 at 10:38 PM, abyssunder said:

Are those Fragaria vesca around the bones?

Hi!

Yes that's right. You are also informed that it is a nature protected zone (national friend). I found it laying next to the road I walk everyday for the past two years. Either a wild animal or a human beign left it there (most likely illegal). If I recall i've seen bones from animals there from last year. It's very strange, maybe a dying predator. I've found other remains in the closing area (roe deer). Maybe a moose! What kind of animal in this nature zone which is "meat-eater" lives in these condition? Very few. I told the police officer that, I was very scared!

// ManFromSweden94

Hi!

I've found Another bone piece. What animal could this bone belong to? My guess a hip bone or upper leg? Any help?

/ ManFromSweden94

ben1.png

ben2.png

ben3.png

ben4.png

49 minutes ago, ynot said:

Modern soup bone. Notice the saw marks.

Not very smart to dump near/inside to nature reserve!!!! It was very big (like a human foot)