Devastated...

Pitviper

Maybe it's just me, but coming home to find out that the landlord broke your best fossil while he was in your apartment, and didn't even have the courtesy to leave a note, that's just a bad day...

I know spinosaur teeth are easy enough to obtain, true, but it went millions of goddang years without getting broken.... I'm so upset and mad as hell :(

586621593_ko5sc-L.jpg

"Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only to what we know of it."

Suuuuuuuue him! lol JK, but he should seriously take the value off your rent---buy another and attach the receipt to your rent check and write a note explaining your frustration.

How did this happen? Did he step on it? Really looks like a bad break, but you might be able to restore it if you have all the pieces or if it was at least a clean break.

Best of luck,

SP

Ouch.... <_<

This is why I never allowed my landlord into my apartment (that and not having her find out about the fifty odd snakes i was keeping at the time...)

Be true to the reality you create.

Ouch.... <_<

This is why I never allowed my landlord into my apartment (that and not having her find out about the fifty odd snakes i was keeping at the time...)

I also keep snakes and that's probably what drew them into my office, I only have a chondro, a pair of striped jungles, big female infernalis and an acki, but all the apartment workers seem fascinated. What did you keep?

The tooth is missing a quarter of an inch. Does anyone know how I can repair that? If nothing else I may try to make a necklace or something out of it.

I also keep snakes and that's probably what drew them into my office, I only have a chondro, a pair of striped jungles, big female infernalis and an acki, but all the apartment workers seem fascinated. What did you keep?

The tooth is missing a quarter of an inch. Does anyone know how I can repair that? If nothing else I may try to make a necklace or something out of it.

I have reduced the collection by a lot since I moved but I still have one Biak Chrondo. Also four Haitian Tree Boas, two Bismark pythons (coming soon). Mostly kings, milks, rats and some venemous.

post-1313-1247184345_thumb.jpgpost-1313-1247184277_thumb.jpg[

attachment=30054:Biac_chrondpython.JPG]post-1313-1247184079_thumb.jpg

post-1313-1247184107_thumb.jpg

Be true to the reality you create.

Definitely complain and tell him that he can't come in without you being present. If he balks then get legal. Your renting from him but he has to respect your privacy.

You could try some glue to put the tip back on but it will probably always look like a repair. How did they break it, were they tossing it around or rummaging through your stuff?

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

you want me to go kick their ??

Lol, unfortunately now the list of kicking recipients has grown.... it seems our cleaning lady was also in the apartment, along with her husband and daughter. No one's fessin up so I'm basically out of luck.

The tooth is missing 1/4"... any suggestion on a putty/epoxy situation (don't know what paleo bond is, but would that work?). If I can reconstruct it, my niece designs jewelry and she may be able to fashion a metal band to cover the damage and make it usable as a necklace or something. I can NOT just throw it way!

Man that s***s I would be p****ed. Go to a pay phone and call Lordpiney I would.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

I'd like to see your pair of "striped jungles," assuming you're talking about carpet pythons. That is what I formerly bred.

So, there's a quarter-inch gap between the tooth tip and the body of the tooth? Simple repair. Use epoxy putty to replace the missing portion. You can color the epoxy putty with dry tempera pigment by folding it in during mixing (a little goes a long way), or you can paint the patch when cured.

Support the tooth in a sand-table. Or, lacking a sand-table, you can fill any sort of container with dry sand (or uncooked rice).

This is fine work, so I do this under magnification -- Opti-Visor or a light with magnifier lens. Dental tools are handy.

Museum collection standards dictate that patches be readily-distinguishable from the orginal bone or tooth. I like the compromise where the patch is discernible but doesn't offend the eye. The tooth will never be in original condition again anyway.

Using this tooth for jewelry is not a good idea. These teeth are brittle, as you now know. I think that these teeth routinely should be impregnated with a consolidant like Duco Cement in acetone.

Show us your repair when you're finished.

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Awesome, I'll post pics when I've finished the repair.

Here's some pics of my jungles, I have some better, more recent pics somewhere, but you get the idea...

Female

587310699_Zw5Nd-L.jpg

Smaller male

587310928_tbFzU-L.jpg

Very Nice! I had a 7 foot female that could have come off the cover of the Barker's book. She was so dog tame that I would take her to schools with me when I did shows. I sold her last year before I moved.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Awesome, I'll post pics when I've finished the repair.

Here's some pics of my jungles, I have some better, more recent pics somewhere, but you get the idea...

Female

Smaller male

Those are beauties! I wouldn't be surprised if they were produced by carpet pythons I raised here.

Here's an example:

post-42-1247275841_thumb.jpg

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Well I'm not in quite as bad of shape, but I'll relate my damage for the week.

We finally got our hurricane repairs done last week after 10 months.

In the process of getting everything back in its right spot my wife knocked a couple of my fossils on the floor. The ammonite WAS about 4.5" across, but is now in 4 pieces... but LUCKILY the piece of fossil wood I found 3 years ago that is shaped like the state of TX didn't take any damage!

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Those are beauties! I wouldn't be surprised if they were produced by carpet pythons I raised here.

Here's an example:

post-42-1247275841_thumb.jpg

Actually I think your lineage is very similar to the popular tiger line, it escapes me whose producing them these days but it'll come to me. That's an absolute ROCK STAR of a morelia, wow! Mine, I suspect, has some diamond influence but it took me 10 years to find another pair, I'm not parting with these. There are actually some striped jungles on kingsnake.com right now, it's really unusual to see them for sale and the prices are good.

you want me to go kick their ??

? I sense a fellow Brit...

<EDIT: You sense a kid-friendly moderator ;) >

Every complex scientific problem has an elegant and simple solution... and it is wrong.