Mazon Creek nodule

sloth

I see a possible worm. The dark part being the gut track. But you will need to clean this as best as you can with vinegar to get a positive ID. 

edit: This is where i see a fossil. The problem is that little guy up top. That kinda suggests flora bits, because associated worms are kinda rare with the exception of Fan Worms. But we will never know if you don't clean off the Calcite. 

20170630_145958.jpg

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

You could convince me that was a number of things!  The preservation on this one may be too coarse for a positive ID.  How bout an extreme close up of the center parts?  Maybe there are fine details to be had.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arizona Chris

Paleo Web Site:  http://schursastrophotography.com/fossiladventures.html

First pic, the round blobs look similar to jelly fish fossils that I have seen posted here.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

8 hours ago, fossilized6s said:

I see a possible worm. The dark part being the gut track. But you will need to clean this as best as you can with vinegar to get a positive ID. 

edit: This is where i see a fossil. The problem is that little guy up top. That kinda suggests flora bits, because associated worms are kinda rare with the exception of Fan Worms. But we will never know if you don't clean off the Calcite. 

20170630_145958.jpg

Thanks, I will try to clean it up some. Most of the nodules I found on this trip had broken open naturally and are definitely rough. 

19 hours ago, sloth said:

Thanks, I will try to clean it up some. Most of the nodules I found on this trip had broken open naturally and are definitely rough. 

Here it is cleaned up a bit

18-1.jpg

Unfortunately it is so badly preserved it is unidentifiable, at least for me. 

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG