More Mazon Creek nodules

sloth

1. You need to clean. It could be something very exciting. 

2. Could be a poorly preserved polycheate of some kind. But it's tough to confirm. 

3. Looks like the nodule didn't slit on the fossil plane, unfortunately. 

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

22 hours ago, fossilized6s said:

1. You need to clean. It could be something very exciting. 

2. Could be a poorly preserved polycheate of some kind. But it's tough to confirm. 

3. Looks like the nodule didn't slit on the fossil plane, unfortunately. 

Alright, here she is all cleaned up. What are you thinking, some kind of super, killer sea spider, or a jelly fish eating a walnut?

something4-1.jpg

Oooooo, i think it is what i thought. I believe you have an awesome association of Essexella and a Convexicaris.

@RCFossils could confirm this. 

• I found this Informative 1

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

22 minutes ago, fossilized6s said:

Oooooo, i think it is what i thought. I believe you have an awesome association of Essexella and a Convexicaris.

@RCFossils could confirm this. 

Whoaaaaa, that is incredibly cool! I've never heard of these arthropods before, so weird looking. Thank you, I would have never been able to figure that out, it's insane just how many animals you can find in the Mazon nodules. Just looking for matches on google for ID's is not enough.

Nice find!

Charlie is correct. That is a really nice association of a common Essexella jellyfish and an uncommon thylacocephala Concavicaris georgeorum.

The preservation is pretty good. You can make out the huge eye and a portion of on of the appendages.