This rock .... several fossils present. Can you identify them?

Becky Benfer

This rock amazes me with all the different fossils I see present on it. Could someone share what they are? Thank you!

IMG_1785.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1787.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

@Becky Benfer Could you try to take close-up pics?Especially of the depression on the top of pic 6. It is very hard to tell but almost looks like coral. Taking close-ups and clearest pics possible is key to getting more accurate ids. Having blurry or out of focus pics keeps us from seeing everything you see.:)

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Ya I'm having trouble getting close ups.  When I zoom in any closer the pictures become fuzzy. I've tried laying them down and tried holding them but neither seems to have much better results than the other. I'll try again......

@Becky Benfer Are you using a phone to take pics? If you are, does it have a macro setting? It may help. Also if you have some kind of magnifier, I use a jewelers loupe, you can put that in front of the camera lens and get better pics .

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

It looks like a brachiopod imprint, to me.

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Agree with everyone else; I see lots of crinoid stems and 1 of what I believe to be a brachiopod imprint, as far as what I can see/confidently identify.

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

2 hours ago, Becky Benfer said:

Thanks for your help!

No problem ;)

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Liking the looks :)

Last picture reveals (in the center) a crinoid column external mold with partial column (stem) remnant preserved inside. Pretty nice. :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

On 7/3/2017 at 6:24 PM, Becky Benfer said:

Ya I'm having trouble getting close ups.  When I zoom in any closer the pictures become fuzzy. I've tried laying them down and tried holding them but neither seems to have much better results than the other. I'll try again......

In my experience, NEVER use the zoom when taking a photo of tiny objects! Most cameras, even in the macro setting, can't focus if you try zooming in on small objects. Instead, move the camera in/out from the object and get as close as you can until the camera won't focus on the object.

Or get a digital SLR and macro lens.

• I found this Informative 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:popcorn: John