Help! Can't figure out what this tooth belongs to?

Cwebertx4847

I found this what I suspect is a tooth this weekend in Burnet, Texas. I was fishing in Lake Buchanan when coming up on shore found this in the water. Now this is a man made lake is fed by the Colorado river. I looked at teeth of local predators in the area and found no match but I'm no expert either. Was looking for help to see if anyone knows what this tooth could belong to. It is just over an inch long. 

IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG

It's a deer hoof core.

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Looks more like a hoof core to me:)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

27 minutes ago, jcbshark said:

Looks more like a hoof core to me:)

Do you have any of these Jeff? I've got dozens of deer philanges, but have never seen a hoof core!

Oh ok. I've never heard of that before. Makes sense though tons of deer lol. Thanks guys. Just wanted to know what it was.

I haven't found any myself yet John but I was with Chris(plantguy) and Chris(search4) when they both found nice horse hoof cores at different times. Still waiting for one to go in my display case:)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!