Bull Canyon, NM, Aetosaur? vertebrae

JojoMozza

Hi there,

Here are 4 Aetosaur vertebrae I have from the Bull Canyon Formation, Quay County, NM. Just wondering if they are indeed Aetosaur verts? If so, can a genus be pinpointed. It has been restored and repaired; the seller found it in several pieces.

Thank you!

Jojo

SAM_0830.JPG

SAM_0832.JPG

SAM_0833.JPG

SAM_0834.JPG

SAM_0835.JPG

SAM_0836.JPG

Second vertebra

SAM_0838.JPG

SAM_0839.JPG

SAM_0840.JPG

SAM_0841.JPG

SAM_0842.JPG

SAM_0843.JPG

Does anyone have clues as to which genus these could belong to? Are the first two vertebrae cervical or dorsal?

The first two look like Aetosaur anterior caudal vertebrae. Can't tell you what genus or species.

The second two are not caudals. but rather are dorsal vertebrae, both missing the spinal arch and processes. I can't be positive, but they may be dorsals from a Rauisuchian.

• I found this Informative 1

Thank you @hxmendoza for your help. Glad to know the first two are Aetosaurs and happy that the two dorsal may be Rauisuchian. Would Would more photos help for a more specific ID?

thank you!

jojo

• I found this Informative 1

14 hours ago, JojoMozza said:

Thank you @hxmendoza for your help. Glad to know the first two are Aetosaurs and happy that the two dorsal may be Rauisuchian. Would Would more photos help for a more specific ID?

thank you!

jojo

:dinothumb: you're welcome. 

I dont think there is enough there for a specific ID though. But someone else may know better. Not my forte.