Devonian plant that needs an ID

Miocene_Mason

We are about to leave in a few minutes (from lake Wallenpaupack where we currently are) , but before we left we helped a neighbor (who was absent) reposition a dock for when they let out water from the dam. He had used rocks from the location of the house as a border for a walkway, and I found this obvious fossil. It's Devonian, Catskills formation shohola member. I found a few other worse ones. First fossils I know of from Lake Wallenpaupack. Any ideas on what type of plant?

IMG_2088.JPG

IMG_2089.JPG

IMG_2090.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG

IMG_2094.JPG

IMG_2095.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Could it be colpodexylon?

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Or lepodenropis 

really I am clueless as to the differences...

Happy hunting,

Mason

The leaf cushions are quite different for Lepidodendropsis.  Instead, it looks like a good match with: Colpodexylon deatsii

figures from:

Banks, H.P. (1944).

A new Devonian lycopod genus from Southeastern New York.

American Journal of Botany, 31(10):649-659

IMG.thumb.jpg.562eea200b92522b24e6e6ddc8b84282.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png