Hyphalosaurus Fossil?

Seguidora-de-Isis

Hello good night everyone! A salesman sent me some photos of this supposed fossil of the Chaoyang formation, Liaoning region, China. Unfortunately I only have these photos. I asked for better photos, but unfortunately it already sold and I ended up getting curious. Would it be a legitimate Hyphalosaurus?

01.PNG

02.PNG

03.PNG

04.PNG

05.PNG

06.PNG

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Looks pretty sketchy, to me. I wouldn't buy it. 

Regards,

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I agree with Fossildude19. I don't know much about telling fakes, but I wouldn't risk it. Others may think otherwise....?

Looks very fake to me. The skull area just doesn't look real, and I especially don't like the outline outside of the skeleton that seems to mirror where the skin once was. I guess that could happen, I'm no expert, but it all just doesn't add up to me. 

some more,which might be useful in assessing the taphonomic state of choristoderes

richages.jpg

I don't like the skull. But I wouldn't be altogether surprised if there was some original fossil there somewhere.

I know nothing of Hyphalosaurus, but to me it looks like a very bad prep job with some repair?

RB

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my real one. The neck is obviously longer and the head far narrower. Could be a juvenile, but I would need to see it in person before buying.

IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_1190.JPG

IMG_1262.JPG

• I found this Informative 2