Please help me identify these fossils

Dolly b

Welcome to TFF!

Most look like bone fragments, but I do see a couple of teeth and some unsure about things also.

Can You post pictures of the items individually so We can get a better look?

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

As ynot said, we need individual pictures, preferably labeled with numbers, so you know which ones we a referring to. I can see a (shark?) centrum a herbivorous mammal tooth, a few bones (probably mammal as well) and a sponge. There is more there, this is just first glance.

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

The tooth in the middle looks bovidae, but as mentioned before, individual close up pictures will help the forum identify your fossils better. 

For 10&11, my guess would be tube worm borings (the little ones) and bivalve borings (the larger ones) in hard substrate, like the ones presented here .

p1180713ablog11.thumb.jpg.3492914f3980bde83b3c8a24a4f37712.jpg

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

21 hours ago, Dolly b said:

Thanks for the info, how do I desalinate? 

Firstly I made a mistake with the number two as I now realise that it's number 1 flipped over!

Post the desalination question in the 'fossil preparation' part of the forum.  

One person son I read left a bone that needed desalination in a toilet cistern! Seems a cool way to deal with it but the bone would need to be in good and solid rather than flakey. 

Thank you for the advice, bones are in the cistern, we hopefully will not forget they are there! 

My husband found this fossil below,

is it a hive? 

IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1937.JPG

37 minutes ago, Dolly b said:

Thank you for the advice, bones are in the cistern, we hopefully will not forget they are there! 

My husband found this fossil below,

is it a hive? 

IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1937.JPG

This is a colonial coral, other may be able to tell what type.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Those are barnacles on oyster shell.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Yes it is an oyster shell that has attached itself to the back of the fossil. We only realised after the photo was posted. 

I think your oyster once was attached to a barnacle colony, and the upper part of the valve has also barnacles on the surface. Here is an example from my collection with a modern oyster that was strongly attached to barnacles with its lower valve.

100_4722.thumb.JPG.f39553c413f7a1fe5049daa2cc3d27ce.JPG100_4724.thumb.JPG.8fe8888e424b0e6b952ba8863cac22a6.JPG100_4726.thumb.JPG.258bcefda71edade4019defbac1c8618.JPG

Thomas Mann

My Library