Paleo Aro Repair

Bozark

One of my buddies I prep with has an old paleo aro tool that's ceased to function. Everything on the front end seems to be good, seal is in good condition, spring is good. Opened up the back end- the bronze shut off valve is in good condition, but is there supposed to be a spring there? I've tried both orientations of the shut off valve, and when I connect it to air pressure and turn in on it'll click once and then cease functioning. Asked him a few questions, he says he used some gun oil on it but there was no odd gunk. Any thoughts?

Quick update- I couldn't find any schematics but I do notice paleotools sells a rubber seal for the shut off valve, I think it's what I'm missing

The Aro shut off valve is a simple screw valve with a gasket. I would replace the gasket, and then put about 30 drops of tool oil in the inlet of the hose and hang it stylus down over a bucket for a week or so.

This made a world of difference for my well abused Aro when it froze up.

14 minutes ago, Bozark said:

I managed to get a hold of them on the phone- simple rubber piece missing from the brass shut off valve. Thanks for the input @Ptychodus04!

Awesome. Hopefully that does it for you

• 5 weeks later...