Mazon Creek Nodules

Rockpit

After cleaning off some already opened nodules and freezing a few dozen others I have a few that might be fossils. (I haven't been too good at figuring what is and is not a fossil so I'm not feeling very confident.)  The first nodule pictured I cleaned in vinegar and am thinking is a jellyfish?  The second I found as is and haven't found anything that looks like it.  I checked out The Mazon Creek Fossil Flora by Jack Wittry and Richardson's Guide to the Fossil Fauna of Mazon Creek  from the library to help better understand this but I still see a lot of confusing images in my nodules.  I don't know if those are the famous jellyfish blobs or just nothing.  I have another sample of a nodule I split that may be a fossil, I will attach the photos next.  Thanks for your help.

DSC01526.JPG

DSC01529.JPG

I forgot to add that the size of both the other nodules are about .75 and 1.25 inches.  This one is also about 1.25 inches across.

DSC01515.thumb.JPG.08d04731bd8d6ec1a794285a80095818.JPG         DSC01535.thumb.JPG.e06420efe5bba07804b39a322133c67b.JPG

DSC01513.thumb.JPG.710e127ef69de216bd128c7c10bdcbe4.JPG      This is a different angle.

1 hour ago, Rockpit said:

After cleaning off some already opened nodules and freezing a few dozen others I have a few that might be fossils. (I haven't been too good at figuring what is and is not a fossil so I'm not feeling very confident.)  The first nodule pictured I cleaned in vinegar and am thinking is a jellyfish?  The second I found as is and haven't found anything that looks like it.  I checked out The Mazon Creek Fossil Flora by Jack Wittry and Richardson's Guide to the Fossil Fauna of Mazon Creek  from the library to help better understand this but I still see a lot of confusing images in my nodules.  I don't know if those are the famous jellyfish blobs or just nothing.  I have another sample of a nodule I split that may be a fossil, I will attach the photos next.  Thanks for your help.

DSC01529.JPG

Hi, Maybe jellyfish for those ones.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

As blobby as some jellys are from Mazon i can't say i see any here. Your first one is the closest, but i think their all duds, unfortunately. 

• I found this Informative 1

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG