RJB

Here is a rather large fish ive been working on for the last 15 years!!!  Bout time I finish it up so I can hang it onto the wall.  Ive still got to sand some edges so it will fit into the frame Ive already built for it.  Then put a 1/2 inch ply backing on it and then,,,,,,, by gooly,,,, it will be ready to hang.  I found some old wood on a very delapitated building along side the road one day, so its like that barnwood that everyone likes.  plus it looks old too.   The fish it old, so why not the wood too.  I should have this done in a few days.   Woooooop,,,Wooooop!!!  :)

I actually prepped this out 11 years ago and its been sittin in a dark shed ever since.  Gots the fish, the frame and the ply already to go.  Just gunna take a bit of tiime, and the help of my youngest son to help hang it.  its quite heavy!!!

RB

DSCN1200.JPG

Very nice Phareodus Ron!

Will look gorgeous on your wall!

I have a small 12 or 13 inch fish that needs to be set and mounted as well!

Quite a bit smaller than your piece there!

Need someone to hold it down, if you don't it could swim away! Nice fish btw.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Thanks everybody.   And @Xiphactinus, this may not be a 'big fish' compaired to your big fish, but at least I dont have to build an intirely new room for it.  :)

RB

Just now, RJB said:

Thanks everybody.   And @Xiphactinus, this may not be a 'big fish' compaired to your big fish, but at least I dont have to build an intirely new room for it.  :)

RB

Ha!  You do have a truly stunning fish there. And yes, your subject title was sure "click bait" for me!

Gees Ron, you are always pulling some spectacular beastie out of your various hiding places.  Very nice.  That thing was hanging around for 11 years waiting to get mounted the way it needs for display.  It looks to me like you must have an amazing museum in waiting out there.

1 hour ago, crabfossilsteve said:

Gees Ron, you are always pulling some spectacular beastie out of your various hiding places.

That's better than the place Ron usually pulls stuff out of. :P

@Xiphactinus, its actually a piece of cow poop with some problems, but it was the first big Phareodus I prepped.

RB

@crabfossilsteve.  I wonder sometimes what else I have hiding somewhere?  Ha!!!  :)

RB

Ok, I did say 3 days, but as you can see now, it was more like 10 more days to get this ready to hang.  its now sittin in my office but still have to put the other part of the 'Z-Bar' onto the wall with some big screws.  The amazing thing for me was how much bigger it got once it came into the house!!!   Also, i dont know if you can see them or not, but there are 5 rusty nails still in the frame.  I thought that was purty cool.  Was a challenge to cut on the table saw!   But looks really cool now.  Oh, its a 22 inch fish. 

RB

DSCN1217.JPG

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Hey man, @Ptychodus04, maybe I can get you a big fish.  I have lots.  Just a thought. 

RB

That's quite an offer but I'm sure they are WAY above my pay grade. :(