Tiny Mastodon tooth

Shellseeker

As noted in another thread, I purchased 5 pre-Equus teeth from a hunting friend, who used to work as a dragline operator in a Bone Valley Phosphate Mine.  There were evidently perks of such a job.

While looking at the horse teeth, I saw what I believed to be a miniature Mastodon tooth with some roots and a little bit of jaw material.  I thought TFF members would appreciate seeing it as much as I did.    

IMG_4848.thumb.JPG.dc4778b895546d1e611ebe1483017110.JPGMastodon3.thumb.jpg.35dfb3cc6db7c17a8914db4f785aaf0b.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Definitely a tooth on my bucketlist. Thanks for sharing, Jack. 

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Hey Jack, yep, that is a little gem. Thanks for showing us. I needed a real break from some serious hurricane prepping and this fits the bill--so thank you! Be safe! Regards. Chris 

Thanks to all -- it is a gem.  Makes me dream of a collection that I would have had If I had worked in the phosphate mines in the 1960s-1990s. 

Chris,  I was foolish enough to try and kayak (forget hunting) last Sunday.  This is Paynes Creek !!!! Never reached the Peace River.

Creek.thumb.jpg.3d568c4c778409076fae09d65b60f765.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"