Fossil bone ID?? North Sulphur River Ladonia Texas

shel67

Hi everyone!  I haven't been here in a while! I finally went back down to the North Sulphur River yesterday and found this small piece of fossilize bone. Do any of you know, possibly, what type of  feature this came from? 

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Good to have you back with us shel67!  Based on the location and type of preservation, it is a reasonably safe bet that it is Cretaceous in age but I'm afraid that I can't identify it as to type of animal either.  Mosasaurs (fairly commonly), plesiosaurs (rarely) and occasional big fish come from that area.

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

Cool little bone!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

These guys,for the most part, are correct.

The chance garyc is on the nose is pretty good. Lots of mossy material has come that site between Pecan gap and Ladonia.

Might also add that it appears to have predation damage as well. That looks like a toothy cut in your specimen.

Jess B.

Thank you so much guys!!! bone2stone I noticed that cut as well and wondered if that was the mark of some sort of predator. You all have been so helpful!!