Some more Missouri finds

hobbitfeet

Hi guys.  Thanks to everyone who helped me with my last IDs.  I have some more that I'm stumped about from the same area in Eastern Missouri.  This first one looks like the echinoids I found in the Cretaceous in Texas.  It's about the same size and shape with the same very small spines or tubercles on it.

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0665 2.jpg

This other one resembles the possible echinoid but is a flat plate with the same small bumps.

IMG_0668.JPG

Sorry I can not help with id, but it would help improve Your pictures if You set the object on a solid surface rather than holding it in hand.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I'm not looking for genus and species.  I want to know if it's possible.  I never heard of a sea urchin being in rock this old and I want to know if sunflower coral is known in this region of Missouri near House Springs.

From what I understand, Receptaculites went extinct sometime during the Permian. If your area has a lot of Cretaceous material, and this is a Receptaculites, I wonder if it could be an erratic. 

There may also be some Ordovician exposures there or nearby of the Kimmswick Formation (which usually outcrops in SE Missouri, but some have been found near House Springs).

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

6 hours ago, hobbitfeet said:

I think this one is Receptaculites but I'm not sure.

It is a receptaculitid, now classified as Fisherites.

Finney, S.C., & Nitecki, M.H. (1979)

Fisherites n. gen. reticulatus (Owen, 1844), a new name for Receptaculites oweni Hall, 1861.

Journal of Paleontology, 53:750-753

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png