Any type of putty to piece bones together

jcbshark

I recently found what appears to be a complete land tortoise foot and would like some recommendations on what to use to piece them back together. Ideally, I would be easily removed in case I get some inthe wrong spots and the bones are very light colored and would prefer that whatever I use doesn't stain or discolor them. Thinking of some sort of modeling putty? Thanks for any suggestions and where I could obtain it would be very appreciated :)

IMG_0644.JPG

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Are you wanting to hold it together for permanent displaying purposes or just to photograph?  I had received a deer leg in many pieces and wanted it in a Riker mount. The only trouble was that every time I tried to close the lid the pressure would cause the bones  to pull apart. My friend had some museum wax. It is very sticky to hold the parts together and non staining. It is very easy to pull back off or reposition the bones.  It probably wouldn't be ideal if you plan on moving the display often, but if it is in a case undisturbed it would be great.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Thanks Doren, I plan on putting it in a case but would like for it to stay intact. Any idea on a source for the wax, that sounds like what I think I'm looking for :)

Having googled it now it appears readily available, thanks :fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!