New kem kem trip new finds

Haravex

I'm hoping it's not croc but nevermind, also the impression was about 5 km away from Kem kem on road with lots of other rocks there had been a lot of rain the previous week before.

Claws definitely not dinosaurian possibly croc like jpc described but I would lean more toward turtle.   Phalanx also does not look dinosaurian, reptilian. The single  Claw I doubt it's dinosaurian but no idea too what critter.  Beak could be pterosaur

• I found this Informative 1

Not really sure what that is, but it doesn't look like a croc skull.

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

Vertebrae both would lean toward Croc. definitely not dinosaurian 

Skull is very interesting,  is the dentary attached, cannot see a jaw.  Any teeth visible or alveoli visible.

Size?

I did not buy this piece out of fear of buying something that ..well anyway no there was no dentry that is the only piece and was about 25cm long by about half that wide.

6 hours ago, Haravex said:

Croc skull correct?

20171014_100239.jpg

Yes to skull. No to croc.

I'm pretty sure this is a partial braincase of large fish. Looks like the front.

• I found this Informative 3

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Thanks LT I would have never guessed fish skull not sure if I should have passed it up now but not to worry thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Cannot say for sure.  Why could it not be croc.  ?

no idea thats why i am asking you wonderful folk :)

Ok I have looked around again an now cannot find it but at one point I believe it was you troodon or maybe lt who posted a image from a journal article showing the density of cross section  of theropods and to me this looked similar to spinosaurid family as the centre has a honey comb structure, which possibly might be hard to see.

Spinosaurus has pretty dense bones unlike most Theropods. But crocs also have dense bones. A chunk like this can probably not be properly identified as it lacks most diagnostic features.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I see lots and lots of bits like this. 

Many sellers claim them to be Spinosaurus, but on cross examining they don't know. 

Could be a number of things. 

No way of telling just by looking.  

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

That's cool at least now I know didn't realise croc bones could be also partial hollow this helps with my knowledge so thank you all.