Saltwick, N. Yorkshire, England

Brittle Star

Saltwick Bay Field Trip, sitting down on the shingle to have a bite to eat, looking down at the pebbles around me as I always do, just in case, you never know. Noticed a pebble with a slight nick in it and thought 'I wonder if I bash it will there be anything inside' Well I did and this is what I found. If I remember correctly I was told it was Jurassic and a Pseudoglyphea lobster leg. One day I may try to prep it but matrix really hard.

1 - pebble

2 - One side of inside

3 - The other side of inside

4 - Close up of part of leg showing spines on leg, some of the blue surface still there. 

5 - Close up including what I think is a joint.

PS. I thought I had posted this the other day but it popped up when I tried to list another post, no pictures so hopefully this is going to appear and I have not done it twice.

SLWI-001E Pseudoglyphea lobster leg stone.JPG

SLWI-001F Pseudoglyphea lobster leg stone.JPG

SLWI-001G Pseudoglyphea lobster leg stone.JPG

SLWI-001C Pseudoglyphea lobster leg.jpg

SLWI-001A Pseudoglyphea lobster leg.jpg

Never ask a starfish for directions

Some of the best finds are made when we follow that little subconscious nudge. :) 

Very cool find. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

My guardian angel obviously likes fossil hunting or I am psychic, maybe both. I just look around and go where I am pulled. Rarely do I use a hammer or even take one with me. Too much like hard work, just look down people, or like me just sit on a heap of shingle and sort through it, get strange looks from passers by but hey what the heck it is worth it.

Never ask a starfish for directions