Fossil found in garden

LiamL

So i was just putting up my parents outdoor Christmas lights and this caught my eye.

It was among a mixture of stones and pebbles that were bought in bulk, so i have no idea where they are from.

I'm guessing it's coral or crinoids?

We're from england if that helps but they could really have been from anywhere.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.png

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

I LOVE LANDSCAPING ROCK!!!

Problem is like you said, Origin. Only info I could get from my supplier was the state the load came from,the rest I had to sniff out on my own.

Yes,definitely see crinoids all up in that rock. Bet if you took a closer look at the load you'd find more fossils than you ever thought you would.

They all look like crinoid stem/columnal imprints to me. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

They are crinoid moulds.
It's good that he pictures are not imported from somewhere else. I hope, We will see them as a reference in the future, not like in this topic:

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

13 hours ago, Taogan said:

I see crinoids, an interesting chunk of crinoidal limestone with all of the fossils dissolved out

Probably not limestone with preservation like that. 

14 hours ago, LiamL said:

If i split it do you think there will be full crinoids?

If the rock were bigger you may find identifiable plates, the elements that make up the calyx, but the jumble shown here indicates a more energetic environment than would preserve intact specimens.  

11 hours ago, abyssunder said:

They are crinoid moulds.
It's good that he pictures are not imported from somewhere else. I hope, We will see them as a reference in the future, not like in this topic:

Yes i upload all my pictures directly from my laptop, not using an online image host.

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter