Kem Kem chunkosaur ID

Aurelius

Ok here is my view on this it is clearly hollow and size suggests a carcharadontosaurus, however there is possibly another present in the kem kem beds forget its name now so it possibly could be that? as for the part in question it is clear to me that it is an end of a limb bone as no vertebrae fits it and neither does skull element and it is far to big to be one of the interconnecting bones between the fibula, tibia and femur. it does not look to have either the right shape to be a humerus and would seem to me to big be any other arm bones so i propose that it come from the leg section either tibia or femur end section from a carcharodontosauridae indet from the upper level of the kem kem beds as the lower does not contain that strong red clay.

20180206_113253.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks for that! I was hoping the 'notch' half-way up (I don't know anything about theropod anatomy, but I would assume some kind of muscle attachment) might help to narrow it down to the specific bone. I'm still surprised that it hasn't turned out to be croc!

I agree with Haravex. Part of a large Theropod leg bone. Possibly Carcharodontosaurid.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite