Cow Or Bison Horn And Mud Monsters

barefootgirl

I found this down in a creek in Mississippi. I know its in bad shape but I was hoping someone could at least tell me if its cow or bison or if you can even tell by just looking at the horn. I cleaned it up as best I could it had what looked like peat bog all over it.

post-1082-1249076993_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1249077016_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1249077037_thumb.jpg

On a funny note I went down to the Sulphur Today and found a few things, nothing worth mentioning, except these little mud monsters playing on the bank. Now I know Where the Wild Things Are!!

post-1082-1249077208_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1249077230_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1249077243_thumb.jpg

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I wanna be a kid again...

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be. " - Douglas Adams

Don't know about horn but the kids are having a ball. Wish I could get away with that but at my age they would put me away.

BF you get my address I pm you

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Oh, I made the little monsters wash off before they got into my car. I almost joined them but the urge to look for fossils was to great. If I had thought of it I would have showed them how to make a mud slide! They were in the perfect spot for one.

Yes Seldom I have your address.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Holey moley,,,how do your car seats look???

She's a fossil hunter; how do you think they look? :rolleyes:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

She's a fossil hunter; how do you think they look? :rolleyes:

True so True! Plus I have dogs.

Alfred North Whithead

OMG! Tera, you are a really cool mom. I've seen parents that get mad a their kids for getting dirty. Isn't that what kids are supposed to do?:rolleyes:

OMG! Tera, you are a really cool mom. I've seen parents that get mad a their kids for getting dirty. Isn't that what kids are supposed to do?:rolleyes:

Yeah well getting dirty and playing in the mud is an essential part of being a child. Mud helps kids grow and get robust and healthy. Mud is fun!!!!

Alfred North Whithead

I remember being that young, and that muddy!

You are a cool MOM!

LOL yup! I have no idea about the horn either sry :(

Oh well who cares about the horn anyway. I'm just glad I could take everyone back to wonderful years of being a muddy free spirited child. Next time ya'll are out try getting a little dirtier, get in touch with that inner child. I promise it will do you all some good to touch base with that inner spirit now and again.

Alfred North Whithead

True so True! Plus I have dogs.Chickens,Cats,Goats,Bobcats,Geese,..................And one thing I'm not too totally sure about..oh high Cierra :D

I would call it Bison until some smarter r then me said other wise

you don't have to be a kid to have mud fun

I still do , wwith the grand kids and nefu's :drool:

Looks like they had loads of fun! I would say I wish I were a kid again, but I really still am. I would have no problem whatsoever making a mudslide right now! :)

Tara, is that horn a fossil?

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.