indominus rex

On 12/21/2017 at 11:55 AM, Anomotodon said:

Looks croc to me too. Enamel texture is kind of irregular, they are no defined striations.

By the way, a lot of specimens on the forum from Antwerp are Neogene.

Yes, I noticed that I could zoom in on the tooth.  The texture is unusual to the point that I was leaning away from crocodile and it looks strange for whale but I've seen some very irregular wrinkling in whale tooth enamel especially for Oligocene-Miocene whales.  I agree that it's whale especially with the experienced local collectors going that way.

On 3/17/2018 at 8:13 AM, CharlotteG said:

I was quite surprises so many people thought that. But here’s a picture of a whale tooth from the Antwerp area, you can see the resemblance. If it were a squalodon I think there should be a ridge running from the top along the side of the tooth ( @gigantoraptor)

28035532-AA79-4FD3-A2A4-B0E8BB0BA1CA.jpeg

That whale tooth looks very similar to a form I've collected from the Middle Miocene Sharktooth Hill Bonebed near Bakersfield, California.  The crown and root has the same shape.  Sometimes, the root is more robust.

Here is a squalodon crown from one in the front and also one from in the back of the mouth from Antwerp.
You can compare them the each other to know for sure. I can also post more spermwhales with the same crown as you got If you want to compare those aswell?

107290226100-1672.jpg

1894658895100-1614.jpg