Please help Id these raptor teeth

dontom

12 minutes ago, hxmendoza said:

Bye the way, just for sake of argument. I also have this apparent dromaeosaurid humerus from out of the Kem Kem.

63D3A15E-DD1D-4985-A8E4-21E73AFE19BB.jpeg

That's a very nice specimen!

I also have a very similar specimen very definitely from Kem Kem. Not as complete, though it shows a little more of the top end. It's nice to see a specimen that shows a bit better what the length of more complete humerus would be. It compares well to the humeri of both Bambiraptor and Velociraptor. There are also clear similarities with Deinonychus, but that animal is of a much stockier build. So the Kem Kem raptor seems to be of similar slenderness as Bambiraptor and Velociraptor.

So yeah, I'd agree that there are Dromaeosaurids in the Kem Kem beds.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

44 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

That's a very nice specimen!

I also have a very similar specimen very definitely from Kem Kem. Not as complete, though it shows a little more of the top end. It's nice to see a specimen that shows a bit better what the length of more complete humerus would be. It compares well to the humeri of both Bambiraptor and Velociraptor. There are also clear similarities with Deinonychus, but that animal is of a much stockier build. So the Kem Kem raptor seems to be of similar slenderness as Bambiraptor and Velociraptor.

So yeah, I'd agree that there are Dromaeosaurids in the Kem Kem beds.

I love your 3-D renderings!

good to know someone else has a dromy humerus from there too.

• I found this Informative 1

@hxmendozaInteresting teeth both yours and zekky guessing same critter. Hey HX can you check your serration density midline and see if they are the same or different on both edges.  Nice humerus what size is it.  Yours and LT look dromaeosaurid like :)

23 hours ago, Troodon said:

@hxmendozaInteresting teeth both yours and zekky guessing same critter. Hey HX can you check your serration density midline and see if they are the same or different on both edges.  Nice humerus what size is it.  Yours and LT look dromaeosaurid like :)

@Troodon the anterior/mesial denticle count is about 16.5/5mm and the posterior/distal denticle count is 15/5mm.

@hxmendoza thanks, interesting the morphology of your tooth and zekky are the same except his we cannot determine if the serration density is different.  The morphology of these two teeth and the one I identified yesterday all have the mesial carina not extending to the base, the distal edge is being slightly recurved and the carinae have different density.  That's very different that what I've seen published from the Kem Kem or comparable teeth from Madagascar.  Their large bodied Abelsaurids have a very perpendicular distal edge to base and the mesial carina extends to the base.    A mystery to me,  but this is very cool and I will continue to investigate, might be a positional issue.  At least we have a few of teeth to compare against.  

• I found this Informative 1

@Troodon we have two good Majungasaurus skulls with teeth from all positions at DMNS. I’ve looked at them closely, no teeth match the morphology of these two teeth. So, yes, they are very intriguing.

• I found this Informative 2

@hxmendoza @zekky

Have a thought on what these might be, how about Neovenatoridae anterior teeth which might lead us to Deltadromeus.  

Some of the characteristics fit especially the mesial serrations not extending to the base and a slightly recurved distal side.  The distal count on Neovenator is 12/5mm no idea about the mesial side but it's a different age critter. 

• I found this Informative 3

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

@hxmendoza @zekky

Have a thought on what these might be, how about Neovenatoridae anterior teeth which might lead us to Deltadromeus.  

Some of the characteristics fit especially the mesial serrations not extending to the base and a slightly recurved distal side.  The distal count on Neovenator is 12/5mm no idea about the mesial side but it's a different age critter. 

That's been my idea. The only thing that gives me a pause is how thick and round the base, but it is possible. Not much is known about Neovenatoridae anterior teeth.

Honestly, the only teeth I've seen match those two teeth are anterior teeth Marshosaurus, and to a lesser extent, Torvosaurus. 

The final answer will have to wait until  jaw elements with teeth are discovered.  Hope it will be soon than later.