What is in this Devonian matrix?

dontom

Any idea what the other items besides the trilobites are in this Devonian era matrix?  Especially the anchor shaped item.  Sorry I forgot to put something for size reference but you can kind of get a idea from the pair of scissors in the pic. 

87B43E6D-FCB5-429F-88E0-17DE5312817E.jpeg

D55FA2B9-DCAA-4069-92ED-7A9AA1DC9EBD.jpeg

394D7A6A-8D5A-418F-B0D2-678E57E90DBA.jpeg

mostly more trilobite pieces.

• I found this Informative 1

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

I agree. 

I can't see anything here of note other than lots of trilobite bits. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I don't think this is Devonian. The trilobite appears to be the Ordovician Asaphellus from Morocco.

Regards, Jason

"Trilobites survived for a total of three hundred million years, almost the whole duration of the Palaeozoic era: who are we johnny-come-latelies to label them as either ‘primitive’ or ‘unsuccessful’? Men have so far survived half a per cent as long."  - Richard Fortey, Trilobite: Eyewitness to Evolution.

14 minutes ago, Douvilleiceras said:

I don't think this is Devonian. The trilobite appears to be the Ordovician Asaphellus from Morocco.

Yes the sellers description states that it is asaphellus from Morocco but he also stays its from the Devonian era.  Does that not match up?  If not then what era would this be from?  Thanks for any help. 

Ok I just looked it up so this would be from the Ordovician?  Just want to make sure that’s correct before I print up a label. 

10 minutes ago, dontom said:

Yes the sellers description states that it is asaphellus from Morocco but he also stays its from the Devonian era.  Does that not match up?  If not then what era would this be from?  Thanks for any help. 

Asaphellus is an asaphid, a lineage that died out in the Ordovician. The time period should be listed as Lower Ordovician, from the Fezouata Shale, Zagora, Morocco.

Regards, Jason

"Trilobites survived for a total of three hundred million years, almost the whole duration of the Palaeozoic era: who are we johnny-come-latelies to label them as either ‘primitive’ or ‘unsuccessful’? Men have so far survived half a per cent as long."  - Richard Fortey, Trilobite: Eyewitness to Evolution.

12 minutes ago, Douvilleiceras said:

Asaphellus is an asaphid, a lineage that died out in the Ordovician. The time period should be listed as Lower Ordovician, from the Fezouata Shale, Zagora, Morocco.

Thank you very much for that.