Trilobase

Major

Trilobase is a program that allows you to create a virtual database of your fossils, including adding images and localities; It has a very easy user interface, and therefore can be used by almost anyone.

Trilobase is a great program, but I recently tried downloading it on my Vista 64-Bit and I guess it only works with 32-Bits..

Here's the link anyway for those of you that can use it :)

Someone on the forum posted like this a while back, which is how I learned of it, but I'm re-posting it because it's almost a necessity for serious fossil-hunters.

~Major

Turok1copy.png

Trilobase is a program that allows you to create a virtual database of your fossils, including adding images and localities; It has a very easy user interface, and therefore can be used by almost anyone.

Trilobase is a great program, but I recently tried downloading it on my Vista 64-Bit and I guess it only works with 32-Bits..

Here's the link anyway for those of you that can use it :)

Someone on the forum posted like this a while back, which is how I learned of it, but I'm re-posting it because it's almost a necessity for serious fossil-hunters.

~Major

I use Micosoft Access for my database and it works very well. I also have it set up to print labels from queries.

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

I use Micosoft Access for my database and it works very well. I also have it set up to print labels from queries.

Yeah since I can't use Trilobase I'll be using OpenOffice.org Calc instead- the thing with Trilobase is that it's already set up for fossils, and erases a lot of confusion.

Once I'm done with a set-up for Calc, I may upload it for others to use, and make it compatible with Access.

~Major

Turok1copy.png

Calc, eh?

I'd be interested in test driving a version of that.

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

Calc, eh?

I'd be interested in test driving a version of that.

If you mean the program, be my guest; It's free.

If you mean my set-up, sit'cher butt down and wait- I'm slow ;)

~Major

Turok1copy.png

I have excel and access but have no idea how to use them :blush:

Run into enough organization issues, and open up the program knowing it can help, and suddenly it'll make sense.. well, after a bit of practice, of course :)

~Major

Turok1copy.png

If you mean the program, be my guest; It's free.

If you mean my set-up, sit'cher butt down and wait- I'm slow ;)

~Major

I meant your setup. I have Open Office already.

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

My husband set up the operation system with our local power company where he works and is the computer gu ru in our house I got to get him to look at this it looks really great. Thanks

The best days are spent collecting fossils

I meant your setup. I have Open Office already.

I learn something new every day. I never realized Open Office has it's own Database creator! So I'll look into that and might make that the more complex yet better set-up, but I'll first make a simple one with Calc.

EDIT: @lawooten: No problem!

~Major

Turok1copy.png