U-dig Trilos

LiamL

I got a nice delivery of shale from udig for Christmas, i've just been in the freezing cold splitting and having fun.

Here are my finds. I'll post better and more clear pictures when they dry.

I washed them and put them infront of the radiator to dry, is that a good thing?trilo.thumb.jpeg.f7de41183ecb2e6bed5556ece8513bb4.jpeg

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

The Wheeler Shale is pretty sturdy stuff so I don't think the washing and heating while drying will do them any harm.

Looks like you got some nice ones in there. How much shale did you have shipped?

Cheers.

-Ken

17 minutes ago, digit said:

The Wheeler Shale is pretty sturdy stuff so I don't think the washing and heating while drying will do them any harm.

Looks like you got some nice ones in there. How much shale did you have shipped?

Cheers.

-Ken

It seems like they've removed the international shipping option from their site now. I know it was a medium flat rate box full and i cant remember the exact weight.

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

I'm familiar with the volume of a medium flat-rate box so I've an idea how much material you started with before splitting. You've got an impressive number of nice specimens from that amount of material so I'd say you did well.

Always nice to have a few half-billion year old items sitting around the house--a good way to make yourself feel young. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1