Its Good To Be Back

dr heckle

hi everyone its good to be back after not having posted in such a long time, what with all thats been happening this year i almost forgot about the forum untill i received an email reminder today reminding me that i hadent been to the forum in a long time so i thought i had better drop in and see how everyone is going and i was pleasently surprised to find that the forum had grown quite a bit since i last logged in.

below i have included some pics of my latest finds

i recently stumbled on a large deposit of shell fossils largely comprised of ostrich foot shellspost-587-1249301238_thumb.jpg

as well as the ostrich foot shells i have also found a number of other different sea snail shellspost-587-1249301536_thumb.jpg

my favorite so far being this ostrich foot covered in barnaclespost-587-1249301621_thumb.jpg

as well as these i also found a large number of (by large i mean to many to count) of turritella and a few other odds and ends all of which i havent had the time to photograph yet though however will the first chance i get.

post-587-1249301400_thumb.jpg

a heckle a day keeps the doctor away

Welcome back! Nice haul of fossils there. Hope we're so fortunate next we go out.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

Hey Dr good to see you glad everything's OK down there. Nice shells I to like the one with barnacles

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway