Another fossil skull?

jason3124fish35

@jason3124fish35

Fossil skulls are typically not solid like your specimen.  They are composed of bone elements that are fused together and you can see the attaching sutures and openings for eyes, nasals etc. There is also a degree of symmetry but you have to be able to distinguish between rock and bone.  You geologic specimen fits perfectly in this tread.

• I found this Informative 3

21 hours ago, jason3124fish35 said:

Definitely not a skull. :( 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I would comment on your photo, but I cant see it. 

And for my new friend. Please explain to me why the structure of the rock changes after sanding past an inch of limestone. It is a 75 pound fossil. It is loaded with minerals and changes color to grey. All of the holes are symmetrical, meaning two sides and not just one bore hole. All of the holes are there. Just like you except you do not have the reptilian point behind the eye. I am sort of glad no one believes me. I would be in trouble if they did.  Not for this, but other things. Haha. The last guy that had excavated Sue, a dino, went to jail for 2 years. However, he got his off public land. I got mine from Pangaea , really just a garage sell. I am surprised that you did not like the second one. You must not have a mummified fossil except for some teeth or a clam. I have hundreds of those and would love to sell some. I am keeping pottery, rocks, and fossils in the yard because I collected to many. So, I have strong background in all aspects. How do you know for sure the second head is not real. You have never actually seen it in person and are going on a video. I have my masters degree, lived in Ashville, great rock place, and worked as archaeologist. I would like the benefit of a doubt. It could be possible that I am telling the truth. It is not ancient aliens, I know that. I am actually happy to hear from you and others on the site. It has been my hobby and no one else around me seems to care much. They just say, "whatever Jason". So, I am used to not being able to even share my happiness when I get something. Always being right has its downfalls as well. I have never seen any dino like mine. I understand that people will not believe the first one we were talking about, but not the second one is for sure. I think the first one is for sure, but I am going to drop the subject and move on because I have hundreds more to chat about and this subject is a dead end. . You can see the brain cavity from mile away among other things. It is old. It takes a long time to form crystals. It took me a couple years to even notice it. Nothing can hurt these old fossils. Pressure washer helps clean them. What kind of fossil would you like to see? Or rock. How about gold? I have almost finished refining a large amount in the back yard. Much of it came from ore. Should I post more heads. Those were the best I have. I have smaller ones and a ton of carved ones. 

On 1/4/2018 at 2:32 AM, jason3124fish35 said:

I would comment on your photo, but I cant see it. 

And for my new friend. Please explain to me why the structure of the rock changes after sanding past an inch of limestone. It is a 75 pound fossil. It is loaded with minerals and changes color to grey. All of the holes are symmetrical, meaning two sides and not just one bore hole. All of the holes are there. Just like you except you do not have the reptilian point behind the eye. I am sort of glad no one believes me. I would be in trouble if they did.  Not for this, but other things. Haha. The last guy that had excavated Sue, a dino, went to jail for 2 years. However, he got his off public land. I got mine from Pangaea , really just a garage sell. I am surprised that you did not like the second one. You must not have a mummified fossil except for some teeth or a clam. I have hundreds of those and would love to sell some. I am keeping pottery, rocks, and fossils in the yard because I collected to many. So, I have strong background in all aspects. How do you know for sure the second head is not real. You have never actually seen it in person and are going on a video. I have my masters degree, lived in Ashville, great rock place, and worked as archaeologist. I would like the benefit of a doubt. It could be possible that I am telling the truth. It is not ancient aliens, I know that. I am actually happy to hear from you and others on the site. It has been my hobby and no one else around me seems to care much. They just say, "whatever Jason". So, I am used to not being able to even share my happiness when I get something. Always being right has its downfalls as well. I have never seen any dino like mine. I understand that people will not believe the first one we were talking about, but not the second one is for sure. I think the first one is for sure, but I am going to drop the subject and move on because I have hundreds more to chat about and this subject is a dead end. . You can see the brain cavity from mile away among other things. It is old. It takes a long time to form crystals. It took me a couple years to even notice it. Nothing can hurt these old fossils. Pressure washer helps clean them. What kind of fossil would you like to see? Or rock. How about gold? I have almost finished refining a large amount in the back yard. Much of it came from ore. Should I post more heads. Those were the best I have. I have smaller ones and a ton of carved ones. 

It is difficult to determine if you are serious, as you are were posting in a thread about pseudofossils and pareidolia.  :headscratch: :oyh:

So are you serious about the rocks you have posted being skulls, and mummified dinosaurs?

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

7 hours ago, jason3124fish35 said:

I would comment on your photo, but I cant see it.  Who's photo?

Please explain to me why the structure of the rock changes after sanding past an inch of limestone. Surface oxidation.

It is a 75 pound fossil. Rock not fossil!

It is loaded with minerals and changes color to grey.Differing concentrations of minerals, weathering, mineral replacement or removal by groundwater are just a few ways that the color can alter within a rock..

All of the holes are symmetrical, meaning two sides and not just one bore hole. All of the holes are there. No they are not symmetrical, and there are extra holes that do not belong in a skull.

Just like you except you do not have the reptilian point behind the eye.Just like Who? What is a "reptilian point" (I have never heard of this feature before).

You must not have a mummified fossil except for some teeth or a clam.Few have a "mummified" fossil because they are extremely rare. Teeth and clams do not "mummify". 

So, I have strong background in all aspects. What knowledge base?

How do you know for sure the second head is not real. Because it has NO characteristics of a real mummified dinosaur head.

You have never actually seen it in person and are going on a video. We can tell from the video that it has none of the features of a real skull or dinosaur.

I have my masters degree, What field is Your degree in?

lived in Ashville, great rock place,What state?

and worked as archaeologist.Then You should know what bone looks like.

I would like the benefit of a doubt. Sorry, but there is no doubt in this case (on Our part).

It has been my hobby and no one else around me seems to care much. I get that a lot.

So, I am used to not being able to even share my happiness when I get something. I get that too, that is why I joined this site.

Always being right has its downfalls as well. Especially when You can not except contradictory information.

I have never seen any dino like mine.  Because there are no dinosaur like that.

You can see the brain cavity from mile away among other things.It has no brain cavity, just a smooth hole. (brain cavities are not smooth surfaced.)

It is old. Most rocks are old.

It takes a long time to form crystals. Not necessarily, sometimes they can form quite quickly, if the conditions are right.

Nothing can hurt these old fossils. Hit it with a sledge hammer, it will brake.

Pressure washer helps clean them. Yes.

What kind of fossil would you like to see? Real fossils. Or pseudo fossils on this thread.

Should I post more heads. If You want to take the chance that We will inform You of the non fossil nature of them. But You may have a real skull in there, We can not say until We see pictures of them.

I have smaller ones and a ton of carved ones. Seeing is believing.

I hope this helps You to understand the nature of Your rock.

If You are still convinced of the authenticity of You rock, please take it to a paleontology department of a local university or museum.

• I found this Informative 3

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Ok. I understand Tim , I was continuing a different thread and still learning how to respond. I should start new one or join a different thread that that more appropriate. I do think my stuff is real. 

Thanks YNOT for the lesson. I cant answer all of that because I do not have enough time right now. I got the point. I realize that the rock does not look one like a regular fossil. No reason to keep discussion open when we can move on and discuss some other fossils. I do realize what the consensus is on my post and that is ok with me. Lets just switch subjects. I am hard headed and a know it all sometimes. The rock looks like a creature and since I like it, I will keep it around. It is a good conversation piece. Thanks

2 hours ago, jason3124fish35 said:

The rock looks like a creature and since I like it, I will keep it around. It is a good conversation piece. Thanks

Nothing wrong with that, it is one of the reasons the below thread is so popular here.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.