Fossil fragment?

Renaebri

https://m.imgur.com/a/uiXpI

All the photos are there. It isn't magnetic, it's kinda heavy and not fragile at all. I would think it was a rock but it has a curved side and is way darker than any other rocks on the beach. Is there anything you can tell about what it is based on this? It's kind of shiny as well. found around Melbourne beach FL.

9AstgRH.jpg   lJ9nT2O.jpg

WFNTAwE.jpg    x5dAnKm.jpg

Edited by Fossildude19
Add photos from temporary link

Could you post the photos here? The problem with links to third-party services is that they occasionally go out of date, thus risking a loss of context and value of the thread for future visitors. ;) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

21 minutes ago, Renaebri said:

https://m.imgur.com/a/uiXpI

All the photos are there. It isn't magnetic, it's kinda heavy and not fragile at all. I would think it was a rock but it has a curved side and is way darker than any other rocks on the beach. Is there anything you can tell about what it is based on this? It's kind of shiny as well. found around Melbourne beach FL.

It is iron (which is not always magnetic), looks to have been worked, probably a piece of something (probably impossible to tell what).

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Could it be a material that was worked quite violently in one of the space program's less celebrated moments ?

Ok i messed up, it IS magnetic, but it is not detected by a metal detector.

(Sorry, thanks for the edit)

• I found this Informative 1

the setting for "discriminate" may be turned on for the metal detector. It keeps one from digging up every piece of iron junk when looking for other metals.

5 minutes ago, Renaebri said:

Ok i messed up, it IS magnetic, but it is not detected by a metal detector.

(Sorry, thanks for the edit)

Definitely iron then. Looks more metallic than hematite to me, but my eyes are not accustomed to mineral IDs 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Alright... that's disappointing. Do you wanna delete this since it's not even close to a fossil?  Lol

Edited by Renaebri

17 minutes ago, Renaebri said:

Alright... that's disappointing. Do you wanna delete this since it's not even close to a fossil?  Lol

Not at all. :)

People will learn what is not a fossil, which is just as important as learning what is a fossil. ;) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

15 minutes ago, Renaebri said:

We tend to think of things like this as evidence. 

Like Edison with his filaments that didn't work.