Bobby Rico

Wow incredible find not just for the rare Utahraptor been found but for it demise in the mire been recorded. Utahraptor must have been some creature with them claws and feathers . Beautiful landscapes too. How did they get that down from the cliff?

Thank @Troodon for posting very interesting.

cheers bobby 

Troodon
18 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Wow incredible find not just for rare Utahraptor but for it demise in the mire been recorded. Utahraptor must have been some creature with them claws and feathers . Beautiful landscapes too. How did they get that down from the cliff?

Thank @Troodon for posting very interesting.

cheers bobby 

Don't no for sure but the typical mode of transportation in these case is helicopter 

Bobby Rico

That must have been nerve wracking for them to watch.

Shamalama

Very interesting find and I recall reading about this a few years ago. Good to see there has been progress made.

Wasn't there another, similar find made in China or somewhere where a bunch of smaller dinos got sucked into a pit that may have been from a giant sauropod footprint?

Troodon
13 minutes ago, Shamalama said:

Very interesting find and I recall reading about this a few years ago. Good to see there has been progress made.

Wasn't there another, similar find made in China or somewhere where a bunch of smaller dinos got sucked into a pit that may have been from a giant sauropod footprint?

This has been in the news and progress has been made but funds still needed to move it forward.  Yes on China but cannot recall the details.   Typically of what happened at the La Brea tar pits in LA .

Troodon

Thanks for posting Paul

@Shamalama

Fossil-Hound

@Troodon this is spectacular. Are there volunteers digging? I would love to lend a hand and now reside in Lehi, UT. No offense taken if this is a non-volunteer dig, but I think it's really neat to find such dinosaur remains in my backyard near the UT/AZ border. Bravo sir. Bravo.

Troodon

My u

21 minutes ago, Fossil-Hound said:

@Troodon this is spectacular. Are there volunteers digging? I would love to lend a hand and now reside in Lehi, UT. No offense taken if this is a non-volunteer dig, but I think it's really neat to find such dinosaur remains in my backyard near the UT/AZ border. Bravo sir. Bravo.

My understanding is that the dinosaurs in the trap have been excavated and recovered and they are looking for funding to go on to the next step preparation..  Not sure what volunteers are needed at this point but I would contact Scott Madsen who is the chief preparator or Jim Kirkland to see what you can do. The very first link can get you to the to Go Fund Page to get you started.

Fossil-Hound
19 hours ago, Troodon said:

My u

My understanding is that the dinosaurs in the trap have been excavated and recovered and they are looking for funding to go on to the next step preparation..  Not sure what volunteers are needed at this point but I would contact Scott Madsen who is the chief preparator or Jim Kirkland to see what you can do. The very first link can get you to the to Go Fund Page to get you started.

Right on. So do you know where they are preparing these raptors in house? My guess is the natural history museum either in Lehi or Salt Lake City, or where they transported to a university? Did you get a chance to assist in extracting these specimens? Thanks!

Fossil-Hound

@Troodon can you please repost the link? I'm not seeing it for some reason.

Troodon

Progress on Utahraptor block.  New juvenile skull showing up; first juv premax & maxilla to go with babies

DWL5JoYU0AEFkoZ.jpg.1a6736f499eccc6eead168545c6930c9.jpgDWL5Kp7UMAAg7iW.thumb.jpeg.8222dc99c68a283d181de3aeb7128ac6.jpegDWL5MikU0AA3W-0.thumb.jpeg.dbf61e10375b766f609b4a3918809f5d.jpeg

Claw

DWL5MikU0AA3W-0.thumb.jpg.a44146155e9f90ee8c0c1be4562d43a0.jpg

Troodon

Nice video on Utahraptor

Image of main block

DbANvVFVMAAONPo.jpeg.00ba18bb1e7eb80efab2ef693682b069.jpeg

Bobby Rico

Thanks for sharing  this video.

30 years on from my childhood and I am still in awe and wonder of these amazing creatures .

This raptor has some massive weaponry :D

Troodon

Jim Kirkland reports that the entire plaster cap has finally been removed from the top of the Utahraptor block.  Now to relief the bones. 

Dhj1pN_UEAE23p0.jpeg.17e2ccb7257f4879589ccca01a8bf4e3.jpegDhj1o7jUwAAU8TH.jpeg.2c8a2d80a74c745acf30e05a39f58397.jpegDhj1okwU8AIu0tA.jpeg.9a5725d5071e6cd73d141fab333ac51a.jpegDhj1oGjU8AIuSvG.jpeg.46d3400ef3c62ef882f5e08107ce1372.jpeg

1038-Velociraptor_303a.thumb.jpg.dc65308a418cab10afd968884d8830ff.jpg.da23068a68fd8363e4a53c190c1a6b52.jpg