Allosaurus

Once finished, do we know where it will be curated? Will it be going back to Thanksgiving Point or somewhere else?

Troodon
5 minutes ago, Allosaurus said:

Once finished, do we know where it will be curated? Will it be going back to Thanksgiving Point or somewhere else?

Have not heard but Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point is probably a reasonable call

• Thank You 1
1 hour ago, Troodon said:

Have not heard but Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point is probably a reasonable call

I don't think so.  The Thanksgiving Point Museum is not a BLM repository, and these bones came from BLM land, as far as I know.  

• Thank You 2
Troodon
1 hour ago, jpc said:

I don't think so.  The Thanksgiving Point Museum is not a BLM repository, and these bones came from BLM land, as far as I know.  

So the NHMU would be possibility if it qualifies..but that bock will take years to complete so we have a ways to go.  I'll be glad to hold it :D

Troodon

Kirkland posted this find in the block a mystery.

"Scott found something different in the Utahraptor Megablock; "popped out." The claw is rather straight, highly asymmetrical with a pretty simple condyle. Not a dew claw.... Looks most like a turtle claw, but no turtles this big have been found at this level"

Ev1J3c-VgAMGIAt.jpeg.a7be4eb3a1c196960482d41cba8c0c2b.jpegEv1J3UPVoAACNpS.jpeg.ffb229ea9bf7202703b3082622120ced.jpegEv1J3MrVcAEDdS4.thumb.jpeg.65f5a375951a174c887863fb71a5db8c.jpeg

• Enjoyed 1