Colorado Fossil ID Help

OGjimbo

Hello,

I was helping my friend clean out a storage room in his mother’s basement and the room is actually unfinished so there is all this extra space in the ceiling along the back wall where there are pipes and electrical stuff and the like running all over the place.  Well, I stuck my hand up amongst the pipes and found a mid-sized sandwich baggie full of weird rocks. 

My buddie’s mom says she is pretty sure it must have been up there since she moved into the house like 15 years ago.  The house is in Colorado Springs Colorado and if I had to guess I would say it was most likely found near Colorado Springs. 

The rock is about 2 and ¾ inches long at it’s tallest.  1 inch wide at its widest and about ½ inch across at its thickest.  It appears to have like a different sort of rock stuck to it at the top of it.  Look I don’t know anything about rocks or fossils, I’m going to be hoping that it is actually a fossil and not just a weird rock but when I look at this thing, it totally weirds me out so I think my chances are good that it is maybe a fossil.  Sorry, I do not have any more details about where it was actually found.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

smaller-pic-size-fossil-one.jpg

weird-rock-third-try.jpg

smaller-pic-size-two.jpg

This looks geologic in origin to me. 

Kind of shiny like jasper, with some other mineral inclusions? :headscratch:

Not seeing any fossils. 

Maybe Tony will chime in.  @ynot

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I second Geological. If you knew the age that could also help. As for location you could ask the people who got it, maybe they could give more info. 

:dinosmile:

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Wow, so I posted a picture online of my weird looking rock?  *facepalm*  Oh well, if anything this teaches me that I really should be out there hiking around and looking at rocks more often.  I had no idea a regular rock could end up with such weird looking features.  I guess the thing that really threw me was how, when you look at the ends of those tube-shaped things running through the rock; you can see that they are hollow, which at first really struck me as organic in nature but now that I think about it, hollow tubes in rock is not exactly a rare phenomenon. 

Thanks for taking a look at it for me, I really do appreciate it.