Start of my theropod teeth collection

Yuriy

I want to show the first examples of tyrannosauridae teeth in my collection. They are on their way to me, so now I can show only seller's pics.

First come a tyrannosauridae tooth from Bissekty formation  (Timurlengia euotica) it's size - 7 cm

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Second is tyrannosauridae tooth from Hell Creek Formation. Seller identified it as nanotyrannus. I leked the size of this tooth. Was identification as nano correct?

As teeth arrive I'll make more photos.

7.jpg

nanorex180004-007_600.jpg

nanorex180004-006_600.jpg

nanorex180004-009_600.jpg

nanorex180004-008_600.jpg

nanorex180004-010_600.jpg

nanorex180004-017_600.jpg

nanorex180004-015_600.jpg

nanorex180004-016_600.jpg

6.jpg

nanorex180004-004_600.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

That first one is amazing! Nice buy:dinothumb:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Welcome to the forum.  Your Timurlengia tooth is very nice and big.  Always amazed how compressed these teeth are compared to other Tyrannosaurs.  I believe your other tooth is a Nanotyrannus they can get quite large as you can see in the photo of Jane

5a60892112652_Nannojane.thumb.jpg.638d0f8a171613034f6b87d2b1efd15e.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Nice teeth you got there. I love seeing tyrannosaur fossils.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

You have to love a theropod dinosaur named after 'Tamerlane'...the founder of the Timurid empire whose hordes laid waste to much of Asia, the Middle East, and parts of Europe!

-Joe

• I found this Informative 2

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

Thanks for the kind words!  As they arrive, I will post more pics (details, serrations). I must admit that this topic by Troodon was most helpful in picking example №1

Yes it is from Uzbekistan, Bissekty formation. I've also got this smaller (3 cm) tooth, also from  Bissekty.

img243.thumb.jpg.89dea20afb718b28e52045ecd938e0d4.jpg

img244(1).jpg.c923863782d011be158aee82f49176f0.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Nice pair of additional teeth.  I like the first one its very cool, in excellent condition with fantastic serrations.  Good buys.

3 hours ago, Yuriy said:

Hello! Thanks for comments, soon I will show some more teeth!  I am thinking about best way to display my fossils. What do you think about Lindner Nimbus frames?:

https://www.lindner-original.de/numismatik/nimbus-objektrahmen/

I really like how it looks, but are they safe enough and good for fossils?

Thanks in advance!

Those type of membrane frames are popular with collectors on the forum. Similar frames can be found on the big auction site at better prices though. 

• I found this Informative 1

On 1/25/2018 at 2:33 AM, Yuriy said:

Hello! Thanks for comments, soon I will show some more teeth!  I am thinking about best way to display my fossils. What do you think about Lindner Nimbus frames?:

https://www.lindner-original.de/numismatik/nimbus-objektrahmen/

I really like how it looks, but are they safe enough and good for fossils?

Thanks in advance!

I prefer riker boxes personally. They are cheaper, bigger, and won't deform the plastic overtime like membrane frames.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Lovely Nanotyrannus tooth!

• 1 month later...

Time has come for Carharadontosauridae tooth from Kem Kem formation. There are lots of offers in different shops and auctions, but very hard to find a good one.  I managed to get a very big (almost 85 mm) example in great condition! With lots of serrations present. By the way, I suspect there are signs of serration damange from feeding.

img361(1).thumb.jpg.56ff6751860c92e9b0619a4a190dd424.jpg