Help needed to identify these fossil teeth

Ammonight

Help needed to identify these shark teeth. Responses are appreciated. Thx.

IMG_5679.JPG

IMG_5678.JPG

"The first fossil you find will always have a special place in your heart. You will hold it dear to you, as it is the beginning of a pathway of adventure and discovery." - Nathan Tan @Ammonight

belgium lede sand beds

"The first fossil you find will always have a special place in your heart. You will hold it dear to you, as it is the beginning of a pathway of adventure and discovery." - Nathan Tan @Ammonight

Maybe Striatolamia?

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

I'd say sand tiger for the needle-like ones with no cusps/smaller cusps. 

Comparison:

carcharias-fossil-teeth1.jpg

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

4 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

WoW.  You get ROBUST sandtigers.. Most of my Sand Tigers look like these...

TwoSandsStanding.thumb.jpg.cc16a282871c567a0cd14bf281c72e11.jpg

P1010033Sandtiger.thumb.JPG.0ee467995e4e9458d48d3494cddd692b.JPG

I do agree that a couple of Ammonight's teeth are Sand Tigers

Do know they aren't my teeth. I have maybe 1 or 2 sand tigers in the whole collection.

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Nice bunch of teeth. 

The differences in root colour are very interesting. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

On 1/19/2018 at 8:40 AM, Ammonight said:

belgium lede sand beds

Ah, the Lede Sands, one of my favorite formations! The name of the location itself is Balegem (could be Oosterzele too). This formation is about 45 million year olds, from the Lutetian of the Eocene. I'm so sad that this location is closed now...

I see several species in your pictures. So you can try and take a look at this website, to compare each tooth individually. (Click on Belgium, then "Middle Eocene" then "Sharks".)

Nice teeth, how did you obtain them?

Max

• I found this Informative 4

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

On 1/24/2018 at 4:09 AM, Max-fossils said:

Ah, the Lede Sands, one of my favorite formations! The name of the location itself is Balegem (could be Oosterzele too). This formation is about 45 million year olds, from the Lutetian of the Eocene. I'm so sad that this location is closed now...

I see several species in your pictures. So you can try and take a look at this website, to compare each tooth individually. (Click on Belgium, then "Middle Eocene" then "Sharks".)

Nice teeth, how did you obtain them?

Max

I bought them from a fossil dealer. I mean, I currently have no means of obtaining fossils by myself due to the country I am living in (Singapore, it's a small island in Asia.)

6 hours ago, Ammonight said:

I bought them from a fossil dealer. I mean, I currently have no means of obtaining fossils by myself due to the country I am living in (Singapore, it's a small island in Asia.)

I heard of a fossil location in Singapore though... I don't know if it was a very interesting one, I don't remember. But I do see that there are many Singaporean fossil amateurs, many with absolutely fantastic collections!!! Maybe try to get in touch with some of them? It's always fun to have some fossil acquaintances ^_^

Anyways, hopefully you'll soon be on a holiday in a fossil-rich place where you can fossil-hunt!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils