Safeness of Dino Fossil Pack

Kaiju Slayer333

I would not advise you buying any of those specimens, they are all poorly preserved. Also, not all Moroccan material is fabricated. Usually, if you see any pairs of jaws with 4 or 6 teeth on rectangular blocks of matrix you have to be suspicious of a fake. There are millions of them on the internet and they all look identical. The same is with rooted teeth "planted" on a piece of matrix. Usually, only the crowns are natural in such cases. Kem Kem dinosaur material, on the other hand, is rarely completely fake, however you often see some restoration, mostly in the places were it was glued or poorly preserved - red-orange bands that do not match the matrix/tooth/bone color or if the tooth is completely covered by sand (however those ones are not always fake).

In my opinion, one of the best options for a starting collector (especially of dinosaur fossils) is <our favourite auction site> (or maybe some other websites, if you are interested in something very specific).  Yes, there are lots of fakes out there, however you get opportunities to get nicer specimens for cheaper prices and you can always ask forum members to PM you sellers that can be trusted, do your own research or post specimens here.

The Tooth Fairy

On 1/22/2018 at 9:06 PM, Macrophyseter said:

Eh, the catch is that I'm pretty sure that the eggshell is actually from Argentina, like caldigger said. I also never heard of a Jurassic dinosaur bone from Morocco (Maybe there might be, but even if so I doubt that they'd be commercially selling them by the tons like the Paleozoic and Cretaceous-Paleogene fossils), making me question if that bone is probably from a different location as well. But I guess twenty dollars is still somewhat a bargain.

I believe you can get Atlasaurus but like you said, its pretty rare.