Looking for Plant Fossils

Cris

Hello folks,

So, I rarely do trades anymore (I used to do them all the time), but I have recently taken a bit of an interest in plant fossils. I don't live in a great place for collecting them, but I do live in a great place for vertebrate fossils and marine invertebrates.

If any members out there have some extra plant fossils collecting dust and would like to exchange them for some vertebrate fossils, let me know. I've always specialized in hunting for Pleistocene vertebrate fossils from sites that produce lots of color variety, so I have a ton of that material. I also have a fair amount of Miocene shark teeth, Eocene echinoids, Plio-Pleistocene gastropods and bivalves. 

As far as my Pleistocene material, I really couldn't even begin to list what I have. Just let me know if you have a special interest in something from that period that lived here in Florida.

The only plant fossils I probably wouldn't be interested in are isolated pieces of petrified wood, since I have sites where I can find that stuff myself.

I may also be interested in trades for something else besides just plant fossils.

EDIT: If you happen to be growing any cool plants, I would possibly trade for those too. 

-Cris

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

Cris, 

Are you looking for any particular time period? 

Or just plants in general?

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Just plants in general. Any time period is fine.

Here's some pics on my PC of fossils very similar to what I have.

HorseJaw005.JPGHorseJaw009.JPGHorseJaw024.JPG
Botryoidal agatized coral - Miocene - Hawthorn Group, North Florida

HorseJaw215.JPG
Eocene echinoids - Ocala Limestone - North Florida (I have more species than just these)

IMG_3444.JPGIMG_3460.JPG
Whitetail deer (Odocoileus virginianus) fossils. Phalanges and astragalus bones pictured, but I have teeth, small jaw sections, antler sections, vertebrae, etc. Pleistocene

IMG_3547.JPG
Turtle fossils...Mostly different pieces of shell. These are entoplatrons. Pleistocene

IMG_3486.JPG
Tapir fossils. Tapirus veroensis. I have teeth and some phalanges. Pleistocene

IMG_3455.JPG
Horse teeth. Equus sp. Pleistocene

Etsy006.JPG
Manatee teeth. Pleistocene. These are found pretty much exclusively in this area of FL...Rare elsewhere.

Etsy016.JPG
I don't have tons of shark teeth....But I do have a lot of smaller common teeth. Here's a bunch of lemon shark teeth from the Miocene Hawthorn Group.

Etsy039.JPG
Hyperostotic fish vertebrae. Pliocene - Unknown Formation (it isn't mapped)

Etsy066.JPG
Snake vertebrae. Pleistocene

softshell.JPG
Softshell turtle shell sections (Apalone ferox). Pleistocene

IMG_3531.JPG
Armadillo (Dasypus bellus) osteoderms. Pleistocene

This should give you an example of the kinds of fossils I have to trade. This is just a few examples...I have a lot more variety if this is the kind of thing you folks would be interested in expanding your collections with.

-Cris

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

I have some to spare (Pennsylvanian) PM me if interested

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Unfortunately, I don't live in an area with anything to offer plant wise. If I did, I would.

Nice "samples" you have.

Dorensigbadges.JPG