Feels too good to be true...

Bone guy

So I found this set of 4 fossils online for $16. Includes a saltasaur eggshell (top left), coprolite (bottom left), spinosaur tooth (bottom right), and tyrannosaurus bone piece (top right). The trex fossil makes me suspicious. The cheapest one of those I've seen is around $50. But the thing is, this seller owns a rock shop, and his fossils are self dug and authentic. So did I strike a deal or is there a key thing I'm not seeing here???

IMG_0697.thumb.PNG.543f0a8717ff97a0feb87f28f08011d1.PNG

15 minutes ago, Bone guy said:

his fossils are self dug and authentic.

Saltasaurus are from Argentina, Spinosaur are from North Africa, T.rex are from north America

I have doubt as to the rock shop owner having found them personally. 

The piece of bone is to small and fragmented to be identified as to what it came from.

I think You would do better to save Your money and buy a single more identifiable piece.

• I found this Informative 1

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I agree with Tony, 

They are probably all what they say they are, except for the T. rex bit which could be anything, but may well be some sort of dinosaur, the locations are all correct, but these won't be self-collected. 

A standard starter pack, but worth if if you want these little things. 

But i'd also save my money for something better. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

You pretty much get what you pay for. Low quality fragments or beat up specimens. They’re starter fossils that you might see in a kid’s party bag. I too would save my money for a better specimen.

The tooth is nice because when you show it off people can relate to what it is and admire it.  The other pieces are simply that.  Small pieces.

It would be better to save and buy better quality pieces that are recognizable to what the are.  It may be cool to have a piece of a Rex but be sure that is indeed what it is.