My Large Find on the NSR

believerjoe

4 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Yeah but you got more than teeth in jaw. Associated verts as well. Are you absolutely sure you got it all? Because if I was you I would keep going back until I was 100% sure I had it all. Then I would go back a couple more times to see if the was any other goodies in the general vicinity. 

Will be going back from time to time for sure.  

Man that is AWESOME:fistbump: one of those unbelievable moments you’ll relive 50x over finding something like that.... congrats!!!

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

:drool:hum-an-a-hum-an-a-hum-an-a-hum-an-a.....

BE9883CB-275D-4398-A69E-AD47C9F4188E.gif

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Well that is straight up amazing. Be thorough with that area, with a stroke of fortune you might be able to find the rest of the mosasaur!

WOW! Terrific find! All those pieces went together so nicely...and all those lovely shiny teeth. :D Good to see you back here ;)

12-2023TFFsig.png.193bff42034b9285e960cff49786ba4e.png

Wow, incredible! Thanks for sharing that. Amazing find! And I have to say, as a newbie to fossil hunting - I may have walked right by and had no idea what I was looking at! And you managed to get all of those pieces out and put together so nicely. Great job!! 

1 hour ago, Calvin Jenkins said:

Thanks for reminding me why I go hunting!  Next time you get "skunked" you just need to look at your prize to realize it is all part of the deal (and you are winning!).

Always those days where things seem to hide, but yes it sometimes works out.  Can't get lucky if you ain't looking!

6 minutes ago, DaniBandani said:

Wow, incredible! Thanks for sharing that. Amazing find! And I have to say, as a newbie to fossil hunting - I may have walked right by and had no idea what I was looking at! And you managed to get all of those pieces out and put together so nicely. Great job!! 

If it makes you feel any better, I had already walked by it once and never saw it.  

Holy moly, that is an amazing find! :envy:

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

NO WAY!!!!!!!!! :faint:

That is phenomenal... My most sincere congratulations on this epic find!

Do you plan on giving it to a museum, or will this one take a place of pride among your collection instead? Also, what species do you think it is?

Hope that you will find more of it!

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

2 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

NO WAY!!!!!!!!! :faint:

That is phenomenal... My most sincere congratulations on this epic find!

Do you plan on giving it to a museum, or will this one take a place of pride among your collection instead? Also, what species do you think it is?

Hope that you will find more of it!

Best regards,

Max

I have donated one before.  This is a more common Tylosaurus Proriger that already adorns most museums, so I think the interest is low.  Someone will be checking it out this week.   I guess we will see.....  

• I found this Informative 1

I am working on a couple more pics to post so that folks following will see more.  Should be able to have them tonight or tomorrow morning.

Awesome!  I can't wait to see it all set out of display!!

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold