Fish or mosasaur jaw?

Bone guy

Ive been trying to ID this fish jaw but I'm a newbie so I can only go so far before I need guidance! Any ideas on what this may be from?

IMG_0738.PNG

1 hour ago, Bone guy said:

Ive been trying to ID this fish jaw but I'm a newbie so I can only go so far before I need guidance! Any ideas on what this may be from?

Where is it from?

Any additional pictures?

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Moroccan material? Halisaurus like?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

The sediments stuck on the jaw looks like Moroccan matrix, but I think that the best shot is to identify the teeth of the jaw. The position of the different patterns and the shape/texture seems kinda mosasaurine, but I might need a better picture. Is a detailed closeup of the teeth possible?

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

We need more views and info.

The teeth reminds me of Platecarpus ptychodon. Attached is a pic from @LordTrilobite's gallery.

gallery_3991_1190_217664.thumb.jpg.9e4ae868b534ca08a78c31f36500b7d7.jpg

BUT the jaw doesn't feel robust enough to me. I am leaning towards fish, maybe Enchodus?

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Ok so I have some more info, sorry. This jaw comes from the Ouled abdoun basin in Morocco. It's classified as upper Cretaceous and it's 8.3 inches long.

IMG_0738.PNG

IMG_0739.PNG

IMG_0740.PNG

IMG_0741.PNG

I don't think this is mosasaur. I have this very similar piece of jaw, which was sold to me as mosasaur, but I suspect it's some kind of fish. The teeth don't look like halisaurus etc to me.

20180211_030044.jpg