AlaskaNick

I wasn't sure where to post this thread, but I have a few fossils that I'd like to either buy or build stands for. I have seen lots of display stands (looks like a wire frame and a metal base) for carch teeth, and mosasaur teeth- that's what I'm looking for but I cant seem to find any for sale on the internet! Not interested in the little plastic megalodon stands, I'm looking specifically for a small wire frame stand where the tooth is held in place by its natural taper. Looking specifically for spinosaurus, carch, and mosasaur tooth stands. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

N

Sagebrush Steve

Are you handy with a saw?  Several posts on this forum show what people have made on their own.  Here are a couple of examples:

Troodon

I think the best protection for teeth is a riker box or floating frame like one shown below.  I've never seen wire frame stands made for teeth they are usually wood or plastic.   Here is a company that makes armature holders and you customize it to your tooth, not cheap however and do not recommend this method.

http://www.artdisplay.com/t-arm.html

Come in a variety of sizes and inexpensive 

-17.jpg.f928eedaf0680494b78de3de9f1dffd4.jpg

fossilnut

I am interested in the floating frame. I could not find it in the provided link-maybe just me or? troodon can you clarify? Thanks

Troodon
50 minutes ago, fossilnut said:

I am interested in the floating frame. I could not find it in the provided link-maybe just me or? troodon can you clarify? Thanks

Good cost effective place to buy them is direct from China which is the way I have done several times.  There are lots of offerings on eBay look under. 

"Plastic Clear Jewelry Suspended Coins Floating Display Case Stand Holder"

Delivery always much faster than advertised 

fossilnut

Thanks for the information.

aplomado

Ptychodus04, that looks fantastic!

Ptychodus04
43 minutes ago, aplomado said:

Ptychodus04, that looks fantastic!

Thanks. The best part is it took about 10 minutes to make it.

Sagebrush Steve
1 hour ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Thanks. The best part is it took about 10 minutes to make it.

Woe is me!  I'm trying to save up enough money to buy an air abrasive system and now I have to add a welding system to the list, too.  

But it I have to admit that stand looks really nice.  Something like that would work well for the Priscacara slab I am prepping.

Ptychodus04
1 hour ago, Sagebrush Steve said:

Woe is me!  I'm trying to save up enough money to buy an air abrasive system and now I have to add a welding system to the list, too.  

But it I have to admit that stand looks really nice.  Something like that would work well for the Priscacara slab I am prepping.

That's just the beginning. Depending on the scale of mount, I have a large arc welder, a wire feed welder, oxy-acetylene torch, and a propane forge. All of which I have employed in mount fabrication.

JohnBrewer
1 hour ago, Ptychodus04 said:

That's just the beginning. Depending on the scale of mount, I have a large arc welder, a wire feed welder, oxy-acetylene torch, and a propane forge. All of which I have employed in mount fabrication.

Might have a go myself. I have a MIG. 

AlaskaNick

You guys are great, thanks for all the tips and advice. I don't think I'll be doing my own welding anytime soon, but you guys have given me a lot of good ideas- thank you!

Ptychodus04
4 hours ago, JohnBrewer said:

Might have a go myself. I have a MIG. 

Do it! It’s fun.