Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Smilodon3

So I've recently decided to start collecting fossils and such

And for my first fossil i decided I would like a spinosaurus tooth :meg:(as the spinosaurus had been a favourite of mine since around the age of 10)

 

The tooth wasn't super expensive but I inquired the seller about it and asked if it was real. They said it was basically.

 

Anyhow, I got the tooth and was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on wether it is genuine or not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kane

Welcome to the forum :) 

 

Do feel free to post some images of the tooth for our experts to have a look. Pictures in good lighting, at different angles, will help for identification purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smilodon3
1 minute ago, Kane said:

Welcome to the forum :) 

 

Do feel free to post some images of the tooth for our experts to have a look. Pictures in good lighting, at different angles, will help for identification purposes.

Thankyou :)

 

I'm having troubles trying to upload images at this moment

Apparently my files are too large

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kane

:( 

 

If there is a way of resizing them to be under 3.95 mb each, that might work. If you are uploading more than one at a time, try refreshing the page after you post one image and it should clear you for posting another <3.95 mb image. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smilodon3

@Kane

 

I got it 

Thank you :dinothumb:

 

Screenshot_2018-03-17-16-36-22.png

Screenshot_2018-03-17-16-36-30.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Troodon

The tooth looks real but obtuse pictures can be deceptive.  Can you post straight in photos and not in a container

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DatFossilBoy
14 minutes ago, Smilodon3 said:

Thankyou :)

 

I'm having troubles trying to upload images at this moment

Apparently my files are too large

 

 

Hello there. Welcome to TFF! :) 

You’r Spinosaurus tooth looks real,they are normally not faked.

I can see that it has been repaired at some places (glued).

Nice piece you have here,it is genuine. ( I put in red the repairs).

Regards

505B7359-B5DB-4793-B0D7-5174350C5AA8.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smilodon3
8 minutes ago, Troodon said:

The tooth looks real but obtuse pictures can be deceptive.  Can you post straight in photos and not in a container

Sorry 'bout that

Hope this is better :)

1521305544922-450774147.jpg

15213055987011032761583.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LordTrilobite

Looks good. Real tooth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smilodon3
10 minutes ago, DatFossilBoy said:

Hello there. Welcome to TFF! :) 

You’r Spinosaurus tooth looks real,they are normally not faked.

I can see that it has been repaired at some places (glued).

Nice piece you have here,it is genuine. ( I put in red the repairs).

Regards

505B7359-B5DB-4793-B0D7-5174350C5AA8.jpeg

Thankyou! 

This was very helpful :)

6 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

I would like to point out that those breaks in the enamel don't necessarily have to be repairs. It's possible that these are natural breaks due to the fossilisation process as there is sometimes distortion in the Kem Kem beds. But yes, they could be repairs.

 

Otherwise the tooth looks good. A nice specimen.

The seller didn't inform me wether the tooth had repairs or not, so it could be either way.

 

Thankyou also for the input :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SULLY

Looks good. Just some glue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LordTrilobite
45 minutes ago, Smilodon3 said:

Thankyou! 

This was very helpful :)

The seller didn't inform me wether the tooth had repairs or not, so it could be either way.

 

Thankyou also for the input :)

You posted just before I posted. And those new photos show that it does indeed look like it was repaired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fitch1979

all 100 % real teeth here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×