Portugal Trip Suggestions?

Masp

Another member of the forum generously helped me out with some suggestions. Just looking some final opinions before I finalize for the trip. Next week I’m going to Portugal and looking to possibly find some jurassic dinosaur material. I was thinking of going to Torres Vedras or Peniche for that. 

I was also told Lourinha Museum was a must see. Looking forward to that. 

To see footprints, I heard the saurpod track trail at Cabo Espichel is pretty cool too. 

Anybody have any other suggestions?  Especially on where to find Jurassic dinosaur material, and the best way of getting to the places mentioned above?

The museum in Lourinhã is a must visit.  Collecting on the coast is the place to be but not an easy task,  its pretty rugged and a good number of the teeth are embedded in boulders.    Enjoy your trip, good luck, it looks like a gorgeous location and one I would like to make.  

These are the areas you want to collect, those associated with the Lourinhã Formation.

Screenshot_20180414-172556.thumb.jpg.5ddf1f8a7fbc7dfc8fbca3a8c54c93f3.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Although not Jurassic material, if you wanted to get some collecting in and have a lovely day at the beach, Magoita Beach has plenty of Cretaceous oyster beds, and occasional ammonites. The cliff runs the expanse of the beach, with plenty of fallen material. From Lisbon you take the train to Portela de Sintra, and there are city buses just outside the station. Bus 444 brings you right to the beach as its last stop. Takes about a half hour on the bus, with the bus running roughly once an hour.

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

@Vieira is the one who gave me many great suggestions.  @Troodon thank you as always, looking forward to reading your post. Appreciate everyone’s feedback. So maybe it’s possible to try to collect right by Lourinha Museum. I’m mainly interested in theropod teeth. Any suggestions on travel there from Lisbon?  Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll drive so I might have to rely on public transportation or taxi. 

Any suggestions also for equipment to use/bring?  I suppose this won’t be an easy task by hand Lol

Well it really depends what you get into from loose material to teeth in boulders or hard sediment.  A couple of examples of local finds of teeth.  Tools used by a friend of mine to remove sections of rock for prep.

06.thumb.jpg.083383fac161319f736dfef526d33268.jpg

5ad34bdd8b42d_2017-05-1210_55_58.thumb.jpg.ef743e7b51e3264919a7b2377bbc4b48.jpg01.thumb.jpg.7ae010a7f67ff302d060b005dbae9e57.jpg5ad34bd6b74d8_2016-07-1910_31_01.thumb.jpg.1c7d0885a77420a0bcd5be3d45251b63.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

2 hours ago, Masp said:

Which beach is this @Troodon

The photos are from multiple locations.  Unfortunately from what I understand there are no better areas than others.   Just lots of hard work and luck.

• I found this Informative 1

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:10 AM, caldigger said:

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:36 AM, Masp said:

@Vieira is the one who gave me many great suggestions.  @Troodon thank you as always, looking forward to reading your post. Appreciate everyone’s feedback. So maybe it’s possible to try to collect right by Lourinha Museum. I’m mainly interested in theropod teeth. Any suggestions on travel there from Lisbon?  Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll drive so I might have to rely on public transportation or taxi. 

Yes, I already gave some information do Masp :dinothumb: