Surplus Finds in Home Decor

Uncle Siphuncle

35 minutes ago, fossilus said:

Your stuff is amazing!  My wife and I have had discussions about whether fossils belong inside or out.  I think I've convinced her that Texas vertebrate fossils don't survive outside, but it's been a battle.

I think our house is most enjoyable when filled with things that carry personal significance or a memory of some chapter or adventure in life.  I’m not a big fan of a house full of stuff simply purchased.  No heart or verve in that presentation, IMO.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

My sediments exactly.  Unfortunately, my ex wouldn't stand for anything in the house that wasn't hers prior to marrage...including me! :rofl:

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

6 minutes ago, caldigger said:

My sediments exactly.  Unfortunately, my ex wouldn't stand for anything in the house that wasn't hers prior to marrage...including me! :rofl:

Well, you could augment your will to say that, should you predecease your ex, your ashes will be spread throughout her house to force her to clean up after you one last time. :D (I know, totally tacky joke). 

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

3 minutes ago, Kane said:

Well, you could augment your will to say that, should you predecease your ex, your ashes will be spread throughout her house to force her to clean up after you one last time. :D (I know, totally tacky joke). 

The real joke here is I probably cleaned the house more than she did.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, Ludwigia said:

Thanks for the up-to-date tour. That was a great idea with the lamps. I'm sure that Mrs. Woehr will show human understanding.

I‘d like to think I get a little extra buy-in by giving my wife and son’s finds prime display space and pointing them out first when friends come over.  Domestic Diplomacy 101.

Grüße,

• 3 weeks later...

Update:  Wife got home from Army deployment and likes all 3 lamps as is, including 200 horse teeth in the living room.  Life is good.

Grüße,