Show us your plastic dinosaur

Bobby Rico

1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

How's Bobby today, Mrs Rico?

Hi Adam,

He's ok, enjoying dozing off on the sofa in front of action films.

He has just been out for a wee walk with Mr Bingo for 20mins for the first time in a couple of weeks so a little progess has been made methinks.

1 hour ago, Walt said:

What is Marmite? 

Some marmite facts:

It was invented by accident, after discovered brewer's yeast could be concentrated, bottled and eaten. In 1902 the Marmite Food Company was founded in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England, where the raw material was readily available from the town's brewers. The original recipe contained salt, spices and celery.

A sculpture has been built in Marmite's honour. Last year Unilever, the conglomerate which owns the brand, spent £15,000 on a sculpture of a Marmite jar. The sculpture, nicknamed Monumite, now takes pride of place next to the main library in Burton-on-Trent.

It was included in soldiers' rations in World War I and, along with bully beef, Spam and condensed milk, it was popular among civilians and the military between 1939 and 1945. In 1999 the company sent extra supplies to homesick British peacekeeping troops in Kosovo.

The best way to eat it is spread on wholemeal toast with butter and cut into soldiers.

Marmite may keep away mosquitoes. Several newspapers, including the Guardian, the Sun and the Daily Telegraph, have claimed the yeasty spread to be the perfect defence against mozzies. Just a word of advice it works by eating it and not rubbinh it into the skin:D

Mrs R

7B477975-83E9-449A-AAE3-95DAF5DC1D60.jpeg

6D46D9E7-4FBD-4D00-96A6-581EA9FABB1A.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

3 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Hi Adam,

He has just been out for a wee walk with Mr Bingo for 20mins for the first time in a couple of weeks so a little progess has been made methinks.

Some marmite facts:

It was invented by accident, after discovered brewer's yeast could be concentrated, bottled and eaten. In 1902 the Marmite Food Company was founded in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England, where the raw material was readily available from the town's brewers. The original recipe contained salt, spices and celery.

A sculpture has been built in Marmite's honour. Last year Unilever, the conglomerate which owns the brand, spent £15,000 on a sculpture of a Marmite jar. The sculpture, nicknamed Monumite, now takes pride of place next to the main library in Burton-on-Trent.

It was included in soldiers' rations in World War I and, along with bully beef, Spam and condensed milk, it was popular among civilians and the military between 1939 and 1945. In 1999 the company sent extra supplies to homesick British peacekeeping troops in Kosovo.

The best way to eat it is spread on wholemeal toast with butter and cut into soldiers.

Marmite may keep away mosquitoes. Several newspapers, including the Guardian, the Sun and the Daily Telegraph, have claimed the yeasty spread to be the perfect defence against mozzies.

Mrs R

Thanks, Mrs R! 

Send our congrats to Bobby on his successful walk! 

Tell him not to overdo it! 

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

13 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

He has just been out for a wee walk with Mr Bingo for 20mins for the first time in a couple of weeks

Was he out for a walk, or was it simply a slow motion escape attempt to avoid being fed Marmite?

I don't mean to make fun.  I am sure it is absolutely.....edible.  :D

And no, we Yanks don't know what is good for us :rofl:

Thanks for the update.  Hope he knows by now he is missed terribly! :wub:

• I found this Informative 1

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

24 minutes ago, fifbrindacier said:

i didn't hear him saying he hated it, so, i guess he loved it.

Have you seen him lately?  Is it possible he did not survive it? :)

58 minutes ago, Walt said:

@Tidgy's Dad, @Bobby Rico, @fifbrindacier,

I dislike talking about a product I have never tried.....so I am ordering it as we speak and shall give it a sincere try.  (yes, oddly enough Walmart carries it on line)

:D

A friendly word of advice, spread it VERY thinly as it has a rather strong taste to the unsuspecting pallet. 

BC0832E9-EDF0-488F-B299-452177337C81.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I just had Marmite on toast! 

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday, Sophie, hope you had a splendid day! 

:D:yay-smiley-1:

Thank you !:D

2 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

How's Bobby today, Mrs Rico? :)

2 hours ago, Walt said:

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six-foot-four and full of muscles
I said, "do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

1 hour ago, ynot said:

Happy (belated) birthday Sophie.

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

Hi Adam,

Some marmite facts:

Marmite may keep away mosquitoes. Several newspapers, including the Guardian, the Sun and the Daily Telegraph, have claimed the yeasty spread to be the perfect defence against mozzies. Just a word of advice it works by eating it and not rubbinh it into the skin:D

Mrs R

7B477975-83E9-449A-AAE3-95DAF5DC1D60.jpeg

6D46D9E7-4FBD-4D00-96A6-581EA9FABB1A.jpeg

Hi, Mrs R, i'm glad to speak to you. I hope he's going well before his action movies ( i love action movies), could you tell us what movies ?

I hope he didn't have a heart attack or, if so, i hope he's doing well with it (or so it seems).

You both miss us.

I really hope i'll go back in England, the sooner, the better.

1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Thanks, Mrs R! 

Send our congrats to Bobby on his successful walk! 

Tell him not to overdo it! 

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Was he out for a walk, or was it simply a slow motion escape attempt to avoid being fed Marmite?

I don't mean to make fun.  I am sure it is absolutely.....edible.  :D

And no, we Yanks don't know what is good for us :rofl:

Thanks for the update.  Hope he knows by now he is missed terribly! :wub:

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Have you seen him lately?  Is it possible he did not survive it? :)

Yep, he survived it.

56 minutes ago, Walt said:

, @Bobby Rico, @fifbrindacier,

I dislike talking about a product I have never tried.....so I am ordering it as we speak and shall give it a sincere try.  (yes, oddly enough Walmart carries it on line)

:D

In french, the word Marmite refer to a container in which you can cook : beef daube, soup, couscous and cassoulet.

The cassoulet is a South-west plate of France, the same area than mine, so, to me it's an important plate (Yummy !).

In English it refers to a sauce, so salted, so tasty and,.... so YUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you see that little left-handed finger ?

It's mine ! In a Marmite pot ! (i prefer it on my little finger than on a bread for toast).

IMG_20180918_210036.thumb.jpg.d45caa70722b4fcb5fd559e4ce501c5a.jpgIMG_20180918_210129_1.thumb.jpg.0ad8ad0a6533acadd201adc993b79091.jpg

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

9 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

A friendly word of advice, spread it VERY thinly as it has a rather strong taste to the unsuspecting pallet. 

BC0832E9-EDF0-488F-B299-452177337C81.jpeg

the below picture is what showed up on my email message preview.  Did you send anything like that?  Isn't that odd? 

image.png.edf4c64d1bd0213b6e2f4300881a8859.png

12 minutes ago, fifbrindacier said:

Do you see that little left-handed finger ?

It's mine ! In a Marmite pot ! (i prefer it on my little finger than on a bread for toast).

I was wondering why you were putting your little finger in your spent motor oil! :hearty-laugh:

I actually love British food.  Very hearty, if not healthy.  It is actually close to the type of food we eat in the south.  Fried gizzards, anyone?  :ptero:

Crawdads dipped in Marmite... okay???

18 minutes ago, Walt said:

I actually love British food.

Apparently you don't have to eat it to be full of it.;)

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

18 minutes ago, Walt said:

I was wondering why you were putting your little finger in your spent motor oil! :hearty-laugh:

I actually love British food.  Very hearty, if not healthy.  It is actually close to the type of food we eat in the south.  Fried gizzards, anyone?  :ptero:

Maybe do you want me to try if motor oïl is tasty ?

You know, i grew near a gas gisement (Lacq), and all i remember of it is that it smelt like corrupted egg, not Marmite !:P

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

In memory of Doren

Just now, Innocentx said:

gizzards dipped in Marmite!  

@fifbrindacier, @Bobby Rico We eat a lot of French fries in gravy here (American fries??? Chips)  I will try the marmite in that as well :)

1 minute ago, Innocentx said:

Apparently you don't have to eat it to be full of it.;)

I see british cookery needs a french to defend it, that is paradoxical.:D

In memory of Doren

3 minutes ago, fifbrindacier said:

Maybe do you want me to try if motor oïl is tasty ?

You know, i grew near a gas gisement (Lacq), and all i remember of it is that it smelt like corrupted egg, not Marmite !:P

Motor oil may be tasty, but I would stay close to the WC if you try it! :rofl:

1 minute ago, fifbrindacier said:

I see british cookery needs a french to defend it, that is paradoxical.:D

Let's hope your passport is not at risk! :)

1 minute ago, Walt said:

Motor oil may be tasty, but I would stay close to the WC if you try it! :rofl:

You can't imagine how much my room is near my water closets !:hearty-laugh:

In memory of Doren

1 minute ago, Walt said:

Let's hope your passport is not at risk! :)

With the Brexit ?

In memory of Doren

3 minutes ago, fifbrindacier said:

With the Brexit ?

with defending British cuisine :)

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

with defending British cuisine :)

No, danger, my stomach can bear a lot of thing, even french popote.

In memory of Doren

22 hours ago, Monica said:

My artwork just arrived today - woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE them - they're fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

My favourite is the Anomalocaris (maybe because Viola and I inspired it with the contest we ran during the summer :P).

Thank you SO SO SO much, Bobby and Mrs. Rico!!!!!!!!!!

( @Bobby Rico )

Glad you both liked the art work. :dinothumb::D

Hi,

Happy birthday Sophie ! I didn't see information before...

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

12 hours ago, GeschWhat said:

that is impressive! I have never heard/seen anyone play sax out of both sides of their mouth. If that doesn't lift our Bobby's spirits, nothing will. :wub:

John, the saxophonist you reference was not only a fine musical talent; but he also possessed a keen intellect. If you look closely at the video, you will note that he is "conducting" the group. It is my guess, that he did the arrangement of the song and set down the parts for the various players. He was a supremely talented individual, who in recent years performed mostly jazz, many his own compositions. I had not spoken with him in 4 or 5 years and was saddened to learn of his death.   

• I found this Informative 3

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

6 hours ago, Coco said:

Hi,

Happy birthday Sophie ! I didn't see information before...

Coco

Thank you Coco.

In memory of Doren

On 18/09/2018 at 12:15 AM, Nimravis said:

A couple shirts- Dino related.

370281CC-3E2F-4E74-A780-2302B8F98BB1.thumb.jpeg.e260448932617315ee9286ba9c50e723.jpegB267AAC7-1FAB-4BC3-8D7B-C91D13560718.thumb.jpeg.e02035184241283c61e5e0ff81abc94a.jpeg

Thanks Ralph I love the hello darkness my old freind T- shirt. I been thinking about adding a

T-shirt post here as it really is an indication to  the public’s love of the dinosaur. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

love the hello darkness my old freind T shirt. I been thinking about adding a T shirt post here as it really is an indication to  the public’s love of the dinosaur. 

Bobby hope all is well. I think that shirt is very cool also, and a post on t-shirts might be nice.