Miocene_Mason

I'd say this is a good day.

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

8 hours ago, flyg said:

Lovely finds. I like that hefty oyster and the pristine cow shark symphyseal . The little surprised fish is a hake, most likely Urophycis regia.

G

Thanks! I have never seen a hake before now.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

3 hours ago, MeargleSchmeargl said:

I'd say this is a good day.

Thanks! I’d say so as well, a dent or two for a cow symphyseal is a decent trade.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Well done, man! That’s a great hunt. I’ve been itching to get back out to Brownie’s but unfortunately all these finals and AP Exams have kept me from the beaches for almost a month now. What sucks it that Memorial Day is coming, and hefty park fees along with it. I’ll try to get a hunt or two in before that happens, and then it’s time to hit the water! I just recently reached my goal of saving up cash for a kayak. I’ll likely go pick it up this coming weekend. So excited!

The Hunt for the Hemipristine continues!

~Hoppe hunting!~

17 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Thanks!

That’s just what he’s selling, he’s found whole cetaceans!

Oh, and no problem! Rather it be in your collection than be eroded away for none to enjoy!

Wow! He seems like the next-level kind of guy... That's impressive!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Boy Howdy!  Someone give this man a FOTM please.

Great report and super fine fossils.  Thanks.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:24 PM, WhodamanHD said:

I just LOVE this hemi, just the color and the sheen. Fantastic. Just under an inch:wub:

3334A66B-5182-41E3-BE0D-7D472C327BE9.jpeg

DE0BDC42-0552-494D-BFD6-7B408B036CC9.jpeg

Enjoyed your report. Size 13 1/2 feet! Those are some big shoes. How tall are you? 

That is a beauty. The detail is amazing. I love the cow shark teeth too. Especially the Symphyseal.

I have seen people selling all kinds of things along the roads, but I have never seen one selling fossils around here.

That oyster is huge. I did not know anyone liked oysters. I pick them up as representative of a local's fossils, but I really despise oysters. They often encrust fossils in these parts. They are the biggest pain in the neck to remove from ammonites or other fossils for that matter, because they are so hard. They make for a lot of extra work. Although I suspect the fact that they encrust some fossil is probably what preserved the fossil they encrusted.

8 hours ago, ynot said:

Mice finds (especially the cow shark).

Nice report too.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

Happy hunting,

Mason

8 hours ago, goatinformationist said:

Boy Howdy!  Someone give this man a FOTM please.

Great report and super fine fossils.  Thanks.

Thanks! I have entered in it but ummm, let’s just say I don’t think this month is gonna be the one for me:D

Happy hunting,

Mason

7 hours ago, KimTexan said:

Enjoyed your report. Size 13 1/2 feet! Those are some big shoes. How tall are you? 

I get it from the German part of my family, I’m just shy of six feet. “You won’t blow off the island in a hurricane” is what I get told on a regular basis:D

That is a beauty. The detail is amazing. I love the cow shark teeth too. Especially the Symphyseal.

Thanks!

I was blessed to find them!

have seen people selling all kinds of things along the roads, but I have never seen one selling fossils around here.

He’s the only one who does it ‘round here, so he’s easy to find!

That oyster is huge. I did not know anyone liked oysters. I pick them up as representative of a local's fossils, but I really despise oysters. They often encrust fossils in these parts. They are the biggest pain in the neck to remove from ammonites or other fossils for that matter, because they are so hard. They make for a lot of extra work. Although I suspect the fact that they encrust some fossil is probably what preserved the fossil they encrusted.

I’m not a huge fan but I have to appreciate when they are huge. They can encrust megs, in which case (even though it will pain some here) I might have to remove them. 

• I found this Informative 1

Happy hunting,

Mason