Can anyone help me to identify this? Petrified wood, bones or ???

Ceasar Miranda

Too many specimens.... you should put fewer of these into one thread and provide multiple angles of each individual specimen. From what I can see most of these look like rocks, minerals, nodules etc. It would be easier to comment on them if there weren't so many, also welcome to TFF!

rydysig.JPG

Welcome to the Forum.

This would actually be OK if they were numbered, to make it easier to comment on each item. ;) 

Also, pictures should be taken outside in daylight, to get the best out of a camera phone.

Regards,

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I agree with @RyanDye.  The first few may be bone fragments. There may be a piece of fossil wood and I think I see a couple teeth. It would help to separate these into 3 or 4 posts, as was suggested.

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

Yes we need them numbered. You can go back and edit each post to insert a number by each specimen. If there are multiple pics of same specimen you can designate them top and bottom side or something like that.

These look like they are from the North Sulphur River or at least the Taylor group, Ozan, Wolfe City or Pecan Gap Formation.

I can tell you a number of the first ones are pet wood up until the red material which I believe is a burrow cast/infill. I can tell if all of them are pet wood, but some are.

Natural lighting for pics is helpful. You’re more likely to get the actual color of the material in the pic without aberration which often comes from incandescent lighting.

The one that has a round black shape on it, I am pretty sure is the center of the top valve of an Exogyra ponderosa oyster.

see this for comparison:34D4709C-83DB-4387-9684-CEE57B60B696.thumb.jpeg.77e9c0cf7d93408c032da213c348ab86.jpeg