Is this a fossil ? Found in ravine

Daniel cartagena

Hi there, just wonder if this is a fossil 

I found it in Edmonton, Alberta in a ravine by a small little stream. Sorry for lack of information, quite new to fossil hunting, thank you for understanding and any response is appreciated.

D8139CA5-022C-4E69-A4FE-396B9F8D7227.thumb.jpeg.7c372b1cb62988bfb1ae7243760ed6e4.jpeg

5ACDB88A-5227-406E-BE0E-A41B7019A756.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

It looks like a small bone fragment to me.

Yes, fossil.

Seconded

You should really try to have a paleontologist check the site. These can lead to a more complete skeleton being found.

That area is associated with the Horseshoe Canyon Formation, very late campanian to early maastrichtian in age.  Very rich in dinosaur fossils.   Not much diagnostic with your bone.

• I found this Informative 1

A slightly worn fragment of bone.. My first opinion would be some kind of rib head - but could be anything, really. Try looking a bit around in that area to see if you can find more bone fragments. That might help.

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

Chunkosaurus sp. though Endmontosaurus is named for that locale.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason